Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

It doesnt make sense!!!!!!

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 9 January 2004
Ok,

Cleaned my own windows for a bit of practice today.

First off used Unger liquid diluted as instructions.

Applied with aplicator, squeeged off.

Few lines etc etc

Then squuirted CHEAP budgens own washing up liguid on applicator, applied to window and squeegeed off.

Results!!  B loody brilliant, no smears, squeegee whizzed round like Schumacher round silverstone.

How come!!!!

Thanks

Mark

PS  Went to one of my carpet cleaning clients today and she was saying she couldnt get a window cleaner for love nor money!! So I am going to offer the service to my clients, just doing one day a week.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 January 2004
Hi Mark
          If unger liquid is anything like GG4 then it takes a bit of practice but if you find that you get on better with washing up liquid then i would just use that for now. A lot of the guys on this forum use just washing up liquid and get excellent results. I used fairy liquid for 18 years no problems.

Steve
Posted by paul (paul), 9 January 2004
I USE TO USE PERSIL LIQUID WHICH I FOUND WAS BETTER THAN FAIRY BUT NOW ONLY USE GG4. I TRYD THAT UNGER LIQUID AND DIDENT FIND IT MUCH COP Tongue
Posted by poleman (poleman), 9 January 2004
is washing up liquid cheaper then GG4!! as i have to restock next week!!

andy
dorset

fed member
Hi Poleman
                I am just getting to the bottom of my first bottle of GG4 after 6 months Shocked so it is very economical to use.

Steve

Posted by poleman (poleman), 9 January 2004
steve,

is this a 5 litre container! if so bloody good, we go through 20 litre for our shops

andy
dorset

feb member  
Hi Andy
          Thats 3.8 Ltrs Shocked

Steve
Posted by Bryan_Dolby (Bryan_Dolby), 9 January 2004
Mark
Logic tells me that the first windows you cleaned  were dirty windows  Huh
Second clean were clean windows so the actuall result could have been misleading Huh
I have been using fairy liquid for 20 years no prolems

Bryan Dolby

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 9 January 2004
Brian

The window i have been "practising" on has been cleaned umpteen times using the unger liquid. Trying to perfect technique etc etc and with not satisfactory results.

I then changed to washing up liquid on the same window and the difference was substantial.

So the windows were clean when using the unger liquid and also the washing up liquid.

I see what u meant though.

Cheers

Mark

Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 9 January 2004
I didn`t like Ungers liquid. I would stick to washing up liquid if your only doing a day a week. It`s cheap and probably the best to start off with.

Gerry.
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 9 January 2004
I will normally use GG4 but a very good alternative is some washing up liquid called Ecover ( Get it from Tesco)
It doesn't create loads of suds, it cleans really well and doesn't leave streaks or sticky residue.
About £1.20 a bottle and well worth a try.
Denzle
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 9 January 2004
Hi all
I ahve been using GG4 for about 4 months and gone back to persil. I find this better then fairy.
Will be using GG4 for any rag work though as find results are better, quicker & easier.
Alan

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.