Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

EXTRACTA machines any good?

Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 10 December 2003
I just stumbled upon the EXTRACTA web site and wondered if any of you chaps use one of there machines or know of them at all? They seem well priced for there spec but are they worth considering as i intend to up grade shortly??  Huh

many thanks   Smiley

Paul
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 10 December 2003
Good well built machines and a good honest company to do business with. What more can I say.
Posted by jimmy (jimmy), 10 December 2003
Hi Paul

I have used Extracta since I started carpet cleaning. I have an Extracta BX and an Excel. I have just took possession of another scrubba today.

It has taken 3 weeks as there was a backlogue and they are very busy with it been christmas. I find if I have any problems I just phone Brian and he is more than happy to advise you. Servicing I find to be a bit expensive but there again I find everything a bit expensive as I am scottish. It is worth asking them for a catalogue. They will not constantly phone you up so you can look at it at your own leisure without any pressure. Not like another well known company who phone me once a fortnight and send me a brochure once a fortnight. I have 6 brochures for the same machine. I had to go to the post office and collect one also having to pay for it as the correct postage was not on it and the price of the machine has been reduced each time I have received the new information.

Hope this is some help to you

PS Why don't you go the full hog and buy a truck mount. I might, then I would be an expert. Lips Sealed
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 10 December 2003
Funny you say that i was just looking at Alltec truck mounts on the net but with no prices on the site i'm none the wiser to whether or not a truck mount would prove viable for our business.I own a commercial cleaning company, we do a number of commercial carpet cleans and we also clean some carpets for letting agencies between tennants. If an entry level truck mount would fit inside a Kangoo and not cost more than 5k it may be worth me considering one,a second hand machine would be tempting if they are available  Huh

many thanks

Paul
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 11 December 2003
Hi Paul

I have had and used two Extracta Excel machines over the years...They are robust and reliable and has already been said the backup is superb

Don't get hung up on the different styles of machines available.... all of them work well once you get used to them.

An extraction machine is an extraction machine it's the individual operator who is the 'wild card' Undecided

Regards
Derek
Posted by Kinver_Clean (Kinver_Clean), 11 December 2003
As a lot of people know I deal in machines( mostly new as secondhand mcs are like rocking horse droppings) I find that certain machines that I have in for repair have the main casing cracked or starting to split. The later models are better as the makers solve the problems. One maker that I know of guarantees their casing for 5 years. I have repaired one of these that went out the back of a van at 30 mph. The corner of the solution tank was badly damaged but a good fibreglass repair was done and the mc is still in use 6 yrs later.
As Derek says most mcs are the same inside. You get 1 or 2 small or large vac units and a pump. Basically you takes your pick. I have quite strong veiws on the matter but lots of people have teir own ideas on what is best.

I am still humming and haring over a truckmount. I am looking at quite a big one as I feel that a smaller one would need to be upgraded too soon.

All very difficult
Trevor
Posted by RAINBOW69 (RAINBOW69), 11 December 2003

ALLTEC'S SMALL TRUCKMOUNT STARTS AT ABOUT £7000.
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 11 December 2003
Bit on the heavy side not suitable for taking up and down stairs but otherwise excellent.I would not be without my scrubba well worth the money.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 12 December 2003
The scrubba is an excellent bit of kit for heavy soiled restaurants etc.

Just cuts through the grease etc etc.

Also due to the weight of the machine you get a real deep clean and excellent water extraction.

Mark

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.