Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Sebo Duo

Posted by Alan_Kennedy (Alan_Kennedy), 20 October 2003
Hi
Has anyone used the Sebo Duo for prespray agitation?
I've been told it is too light to do the job. Have seen it demonstrated and it was certainly easy to use.
Any alternative machines out there?

Regards Alan
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 21 October 2003
Yes,  I use one every day, the are brilliant. I would'nt hesitate in reccomending you to buy one. I used to use a Host brush which works on the same princple but the Sebo is much lighter.

They are a little bit pricey but i bought mine second hand for £100.

Mike
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 21 October 2003
Hi

I also use a 'Host' machine for agitation purposes for the simple reason I already had one.
If I was in the market for a machine to do this work then I would seriously consider the Sebo Duo as I know many cleaners who already use it with good results.

I would rather listen to cleaners who use products on a daily basis than a salesperson...(no disrespect to suppliers intended here) but its like chemicals which have been manufactured and tested in laboratory conditions which only 'simulate' real life situations. These simulations very often bare no resemblance to 'real' life at all

Derek
Posted by woodman (woodman), 21 October 2003
Hi Guys

I also have a brand spanking new Sebo Duo and it is very good.As for being to light ,rubbish ,in a domestic situation it does the job perfectly and don't forget your going to extract clean afterwards as well so thats plenty of agitation for the carpet.

On heavy soiled areas pub carpets etc I would still use my roto with a stiff brush attatchment before extraction, ahead of  the Sebo though. Wink
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 22 October 2003
Hi Alan,

The Sebo Duo dry compound machine is excellent for the agitation of pre-conditioners especially on domestic and commercial carpeting but if you intend to use in the pub, club environment then both the drive belts and brushes will wear quickly. Sebo do supply stiffer brushes but the machine isn’t designed for this type of soil loading.

It certainly beats agitating carpets with a pile brush though!!!

For heavy protein based soiling I would recommend either the Host or combination carpet/floor contra rotating brush machines from Duplex or Rotowash.

Regards

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.