Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

How much is too much???

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 30 September 2003
Guys

I am in the South East and have set my prices per property.

E.g £190 for a two bedroom house, is that too much?

I am not carpet cleaning yet (course on nov 4th) I can see from a previous post that pricing is a hot topic.

Any feed back would be great

Regards

Martin
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 September 2003
Hi Martin

Pricing is a contensious issue and can vary in different parts of the Country

May I ask ...if you are pricing by property ...your suggestion of £190.00 sound most reasonable... I have a fourteen bed mansion for you to do Roll Eyes When can you come?

Seriously Martin.. please please survey and qualify what you are doing before putting in a price.

Kind regards
Derek
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 30 September 2003
I am in the north west.
I survey each job and try to calculate, will it be one day, or two. If I do a two day house clean, I charge £335. Iwill leave my cleaner on there for one day and spend one day myself to help her to complete.
I am doing one tomorrow, a four bed house one year old, oven needs cleaning and general cleaning, two cleaners including myself, windows inside and out but no carpets to be cleaned, £265, one day, paying my cleaner £50.
Did a two bedroom as you similar describe. £155 for cleaning and a discounted price of £75 for all carpets profesionally cleaned. left cleaner on job for 6 hours and paid her £35. I cleaned windows outside and carpets, took 3 hours for my labour and theres the profit.
Hope this helps.
I dont think your going far wrong at your pricing.
John
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 1 October 2003
Thanks cloverleaf!

that was the kind of positive response I was after, I was just a little curious as to what was going on around.

Many thanks and keep em coming guys, Lets help the new bods.such as myself, with positive help and advice.

Warmest Regards

martin
Posted by A_to_Z_Clean (A_to_Z_Clean), 2 October 2003
Grin
Too muchHuh

I think sky is a limit. I had one off clening 2 bed flat in sw for 80£ and i had same size for 200£ soo......

Give the price and let them decide Grin
A one more thing the best work i had was loking after the cat betwen 20-28 december last year for 1h ewery day.(they payd me 15£ per h) Grin Grin Grin

Good Luck
Adam
AtoZ Clean

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.