Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Polw system users - Help!

Posted by Ken (Ken), 7 November 2003
I am looking to invest in a pole system and have done my homework on specs, costs etc. I approached my bank (HSBC) about investment but they were not very helpful. I don't think they could see beyond a loan. I'm speaking to Nat West next week and it would really help if I could get your (positive!) comments about WFPs. What increase in business have you seen? I don't want your accounts but a general view could really help me!
Cheers.
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 7 November 2003
Ken,

Banks tend to deal in facts rather than projections, if you don't have a history with your bank you may find it difficult to go this route. Some of the bigger Pole companies do leasing, maybe this is worth looking into.

Do you turn work away or is there some extras you could get done if you had more time?  This would show an immediate increase on your turnover. Don't take the pole manufacturers claims as gospel, the systems are quicker but there is a learning curve, initially you may even be slower than ladders.  The claims also tend to be times cleaning the window, and don't include other things like set up/ break down and moving around time.

A good cost effctive way to start up is: www.window-tools.com  Talk to Peter, he is very helpful.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 7 November 2003
Have you got the work to justify the cost of a pole system  Cool
Posted by Ken (Ken), 8 November 2003
Quite a chunk of my existing work will be easier (I think) using a pole system: Industrial estate units, care homes, country houses. I have also been offered further work from a local colleague who doesn't want to be doing 4.5m triple work anymore (who can blame him!)
I think that there is a lot of potential locally for one of these systems, certainly enough to cover the payments, I just need to convince the bank!
Posted by Reuben_Reynolds (Reuben_Reynolds), 10 November 2003

Ken,

Have a look on ionicsystems.com at The Reach & Wash System. We offer a wide range of systems from simple Trolleys to Truckmount or Trailers options.
We have a Consumer Credit licence so can offer finance options for hire purchase or leasing.
The Systems are fully crash tested with UK Distributor network for supply and back up.    
Please dont hesitate to E- mail me direct on reuben@ionicsystems.com for help and advice.    

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.