Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Working in the rain?

Posted by CHUCKK (CHUCKK), 24 November 2003
HI FRIENDS

Today i got pretty wet working in the rain

What deggre of rain do you do you tend to call it quits
my friend will work in any weather but i tend to get the felling that i should back off during heavy rain.

Posted by fez (fez), 24 November 2003
I find that customers don't like it as they feel there's no point in having their windows cleaned. Best not to rub them up the wrong way, they pay your wages! Wink

Having said that, some like to moan whatever the weather! Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 25 November 2003
I agree with fez. The customers dont like it so if i am halfway around a job i carry on but then i pack up.

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 25 November 2003
We have taken over some1 else's round, he was retiring (well only doing bungalows), this was our first time we did the round

Had some1 in a massive 20 quid a go house  say today they didnt want the windows done, as it looked like rain, ok we said, see you in 6 weeks, and away we walked, she came after us and asked if we could call back when it didnt look like rain

i laughed and said "yes if its in 6 weeks time"....what do they take us for, slaves  Shocked Roll Eyes Huh Embarassed
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 1 December 2003
It has been poiring down all day here and i went out to do some banking this morning and i saw two window cleaners working away Shocked I dont know how they get away with it Roll Eyes

Steve
Posted by Neil (wylie), 1 December 2003
Steve,
Its been raining all day here as well and I have worked harder than ever. Sad
As soon as the wife sees a couple of spots of rain I get a list of jobs as long as your arm. Cry Cry
Roll on dry weather Grin Grin
Posted by fez (fez), 1 December 2003
on 12/01/03 at 20:16:50, wylie wrote:
Steve,
Its been raining all day here as well and I have worked harder than ever. Sad
As soon as the wife sees a couple of spots of rain I get a list of jobs as long as your arm. Cry Cry
Roll on dry weather Grin Grin

I had the same problem, I had to pretend that I was busy with "other" stuff - going to the bank, buying window cleaning supplies etc!

I didn't have my feet up honest! Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.