Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

in side pub windows.

Posted by steve_massey (steve_massey), 12 October 2003
I've been commercial window cleaning for about 3 years and do a lot of pubs and clubs.
There is one pub on my round which i clean in side but i carn't get the nicotine of the glass.
I use G4 which i've used for about a year and it won't shift it. I've tried unger Tabs, Unger liquid. someone told me to try a drop of bleach in water but that made my sqeege rubbers go soft and sticky. The trouble is that the pains of glass are small georgean style and i have to use a 8 inch squeege. Have any of you got any idears
what to try
Cheers
Steve  Mirror Image Cleaning Services
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 12 October 2003
You really want some isopropranol achohol to add to your normal solution but it's getting hard to get these days, try a chemist.

Failing that try some household ammonia in your solution and soak a few up first, then scrub again before dry.

Also tell the landlord that you're having trouble and try to up the cleaning frequency.
Posted by Bryan_Dolby (Bryan_Dolby), 12 October 2003
Steve
There is a product that AMWAY sell,they call it ZOOM concentrate,you dilute it to there recomendations
I use it all the time in pubs
I dont know were you wouid get it from,i get it from a mate of mine
I use it straight from the spray bottle
Bryan
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 12 October 2003
I always use ammonia on anything a bit stubborn its great
Alan
Posted by Clean_Waterless (Clean_Waterless), 13 October 2003
Hi Steve.

We have a product that melts tar & nicotine right off.

It is a very inexpensive product. We use it for car interiors and it works very efficiently. It is also non toxic.

If you want more info mail me at gary@waterlesscarcleaning.com

Gary Mansfield
The Waterless Car Cleaning Company Ltd.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 13 October 2003
Gary,
       Does this product mix with water Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 13 October 2003
I had a bit of success with the Unger pill, especially made for removing nicotine.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 October 2003
Hi Steve,
            I just use GG4 on my pub windows and they come up fine Cheesy How often do you clean them Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by steve_massey (steve_massey), 15 October 2003
I clean them every 2 weeks. G4 works on all my other pubs but not this one. Cheers for all info i'll let you no how i get on.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.