Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Windows too clean!!!!

Posted by Mick_Taylor (Mick_Taylor), 22 January 2004
Just recently I have had several customers putting me off as their windows are still clean.The customer this morning went from monthly to 6 weeks.

For me this is just about the most annoying frustration!!

Im wondering whether to stop using any cleaning fluid and just clean with water so they get dirtier quicker.
Any thoughts?
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 22 January 2004
Hi Mick
I had the same problem when I started using GG4, it kept the windows  clean for longer ,so now I use good old fairy every other visit
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 22 January 2004
I've had customers like that, next thing they'll want to cut it back to 2 monthly or they'll say "not this time". When you drop them in favor of your more regular customers who do want clean windows all year round, they'll be complaining that they can't find a reliable window cleaner. Just remind them that you too favor reliable customers, after all you've invested the time and effort to drive there just to be turned away.

Tom
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 22 January 2004
explain what gg4 is all about to the customer, if they want windows to be dirty in 3 weeks then best they get a fairy using window cleaner. personaly i have told customers about gg4 and what it does and the customers are happy with the results. i dont let the customer mess me about as it shows an unprofessional manner.
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 22 January 2004
Sometimes we give customers too much choice.  Its often better to tell them how its hoing to be rather than giving them options.

In this case I'd have said, sorry but its monthly or nothing.

You have to be straight with them or they'll take the mick

Silly
Posted by simonb (simonb), 22 January 2004
If you are in the road monthly then 6 weekly is a special visit. Tell em it's 50% more!
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 22 January 2004
I thought our job was to KEEP the windows clean rather than just do them when the customer thinks they need it.
Tell the 6 weekers you`ll do them every 6 weeks if you can fit them in.Then leave them for a while and say you`re too busy doing your REGULAR customers to do theirs. I think they `ll soon change their minds. If not your better off without them.
I`ve heard of WC`s getting stick for leaving dirty windows but not because they are too clean!
 We can`t win can we.

Gerry.
Posted by sean_rimmer (Dom Matrix aka BRODEX), 22 January 2004
This thread is too interesting , not to make a comment.!
If you used pure water to clean the windows, they would stay cleaner for even longer; the fairy liquid leaves a monomolecular film of detergent on the glass which re-attracts particulates ie. grime deposits and gives them something to stick to.
 Pure water leaves no deposits, hence less for dirt to stick to.
 Where this leaves window cleaners I'm not sure. Its a bit of a cat amongst the pigeons comment as work schedules/patterns could become upset if clients felt their windows were been unecessarily cleaned;
One option may be to clean 6 weekly with pure water, which also involves cleaning the frames. This added value to the customer (frames cleaned) should be chargable and may put the finances back straight again?
Dom  
Posted by Bones (Bones), 22 January 2004
HuhMaybe soon we'll be doing 3, 6 and 9 weekly instead of 2, 4 and 6 Huh

Mikey

Posted by mark1 (mark1), 22 January 2004
you cant clean windows with just water,unless u go back to the shammy Sad Sad Sad Sadtry it tommorrow aplicator water rubber Angry Angry Angry Angrythats what it makes you
Posted by sean_rimmer (Dom Matrix aka BRODEX), 22 January 2004
Mark 1
are you saying pure water doesnt clean windows?
Dom

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.