Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Door Canvasing

Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 3 February 2004
Hi Chaps,

Just had a canvasing chap at the door for dominos pizza
you buy a voucher for £20 and you can save up to £235 on food bought by 20th June this year.

I just wondered if anyone had done something like this on a smaller scale.

Hire a self employed canvaser to target 120 houses per day pay him the £10 per customer that signs up to a savings scheme or that places an order or requires an estimate.

This could be used for carpet cleaning , Domestic House or power washing driveways etc.

Just a thought would like some feed back.

Regards Barry.... Wink Smiley
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 3 February 2004
It may work in some areas,However I live and work in Devon (  nuf said )!!
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 3 February 2004
i have been know to "Pay" canvaseers 50% of all work got
i pay them the cash when i clean the windows and the customer pays me and agrees to a monthly clean...if it a one off i charge double on give the canvaseer 25%

ps
whats up with devon?
money cant be to bad i went to cyprus onceSmiley)
pps the pizza thing is rubbish..unless you eat then for breakfast

pps oops this is a carpet cleaning forum.....sneaks back to the otherside(windowcleaning) Grin
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 4 February 2004
We do tele canvassing working out at less than £10 per job but I pay £5 an hour plus bonus if we do well and i have arm twisted, plus drinks down pub team building etc.

Have done door knocking in fact hitting streets again from March as at present this is less restrictive on the legal front than telemarketing.

That is until those I dont like being disturbed lobby interfares and get a Euro Directive restricting Free Enterprise., and get of your bum go getters.

Regards

Ian

Most peoples incomes are dependent on someone selling or marketing a service or product.

I am proud to be in Marketing the most important job in the WOrld UNIVERSE  SOLAR SYSTEM

Without Enterprise we would have no medicine.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.