Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Electrical  Appliance Testing.

Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 18 February 2004
Hi Chaps,
           Firms I clean for have their electrical appliances tested every twelve months to conform to H & E regulations.

Most of the firms I clean for insist that my cleaning machinery also complies,  infact JCB  diggers won't even let me on thier site without a test certificate.

Is this the same for all other carpet cleaners? does everyone else have thier machines electrically tested at twelve month intervals?   Regards rob-s Huh Huh
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 18 February 2004
Sorry H&S  regs,

Regards rob-s
Posted by leerob695 (leerob695), 18 February 2004
yes for the sake of 20 or 30 quid it is really worth doing
electrical saftey is becoming a big issue
i have just finished working in the disaster restoration industry and where it involves leaving any equipment in a customers property even overnight it has to be pat tested before it goes into another site
a pat testing course is also worth doing as it adds another string to your bow so to speak i mean at between 10 and 30 quid a pop all you need is a contract with a few local b and b's and it is easy money
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 18 February 2004
Rob

HSE as far as I know don’t’ have regulations re testing of electrical equipment, the have recommendations (so do it) they also have a lot more recommendations also do it.

Define test certificate (a little bit of paper stuck on a machine means nothing it’s the record in your files HSE will look at if there is a problem)

As far as I’m wear a competent person can do a PAT test with the correct equipment.

By the way I go over board I have them test every three months.

Len

Posted by Eric (Eric), 19 February 2004
Hi Rob,

Most of my work is commercial, and customers are now asking for Risk assessments and Safe Systems of work all the time. Pat Testing is only a small part.

Regards

Eric

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.