Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

detergant which one to use

Posted by taffy_2 (taffy_2), 19 January 2004
Which detergant is the best to use thinking of buying some to try have used f/liquid in the past time for a change?
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 19 January 2004
Hi Taffy
          I use GG4 and find it excellent. Take a look at their website

http://www.titanlabs.net/index.htm

Steve
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 19 January 2004
i have used fairy for years now and just got some unger liquid and i would not use fairy again theres no suds to wipe any more and the blaid takes it off the window so much smoother and faster and i really think it makes the windows sparkly more .you use a lot less aswell at the fedaration you can buy a 1litle bottle for very cheap to try it out
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 19 January 2004
I use gg4 and it`s excellent. But I`ve been shopping today (rained off) and bought some Ecover for washing up. I think Denzle recommended it for windows so I tried it at home and it`s really good. It gives a few suds but it`s not thick and oily like fairy so mopping up is a lot easier.
 I got it at Tesco and at 1.58 a litre it`s quite cheap.
  I`ll still use gg4 but it`s worth considering if you can`t get used to gg4 or want a cheaper alternative.
 Don`t know what it`s like on the dishes though  Grin

Nice one Denzle.
               Gerry.

Posted by paul (paul), 19 January 2004
we use gg4 find it far better than anything else Roll Eyes
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 19 January 2004
Gerry,
Glad to hear you like the Ecover, from what i have read on the bottle it doesn't contain Lanolin so its pretty good
on glass. I use GG4 as well but get on equally well with both.
Pleased to be of help.
Denzle
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 19 January 2004
Our water is very soft in Scotland so we use GG3. It is excellent.
Posted by Bones (Bones), 19 January 2004
Roll EyesGG4 Roll Eyes
Roll EyesGG4 Roll Eyes

The Lucky thing for me is i started using it when i started window cleaning so i did not have to make the change like the guy's on this site who have been doing it for years.

If you are just starting it would be a good idea for you to start with it, I think so anyway Cool

Good Luck

Mikey

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.