Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Alloy wheel cleaner

Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 11 March 2004
What in your professional opinion is the Best method/product for cleaning Alloy wheels ?? Tongue

Mark
Posted by vehiclean (vehiclean), 11 March 2004
hi squiky im just a new member how r u , any way iv been a pro car valeter for 17 yrs now and iv found autoglym alloy wheel cleaner the best,, but remember never use it in chrome wheels it will make them brown any more questions about car valeting just ask mate
Posted by Les (Les), 12 March 2004
Hi Mark
Once you've cleaned the wheels, Halfords of all places sell a product called 'Brake Dust Barrier' (about a fiver).
Easy to apply and once dry you can buff the wheels up to a really high shine with minimum effort  Roll Eyes.
And you can tell your customer that their valuable alloys now have a protector applied etc. etc.
My Valeting supply Co. don't sell it but don't know about 'Autoglym'
Les
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 12 March 2004
Thanks for that Guys.

mark
Posted by no_water_no_wet (no_water_no_wet), 19 March 2004
you can use a alloy cleaner but will not be able to remove any pitting , but the valeter i supply says after using alloy using glue and tar will then remove a lot more. when you have removed what you can use a protector such as no-wet.
Lynon 03/11/04 at 16:39:22, squeaky wrote:
What in your professional opinion is the Best method/product for cleaning Alloy wheels ?? Tongue

Mark

Posted by Splashgroup (Splashgroup), 10 April 2004
Hi
When you finally get the wheels up to scratch can I recommend a coating of polymer alloy wax protection, this will help reduce the overall build up of dust and make them a lot easier to clean in future.
http://www.alloywheelwax.co.uk

Cheers
stuart

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.