Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Flyers

Posted by Bungalow_Bill (Bungalow_Bill), 14 March 2004
Im being made redundant in 6 weeks time and have decided to give wc ago full time. Ive been doing it part time for a little while but only have a hand full  of customers. Im thinking of putting flyers out and wonder if anyone could send me any ideas as to content. I would be very grateful. My e-mail address is Nickbur1@aol.com  Cheers
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 15 March 2004
Hi there  BB, welcome to Cleanitup!!

The general concensus is that you put on your flyer whatever you're happiest in describing your business as. (That means trawling the web for other window cleaners sites, cannibalising bits and deciding for yourself what might work) But I never said that, OK ?

Telling them that you''ll be back on a regular four-weekly basis should help. Do a search on this board for a few ideas too. The "I need a push" thread might give you some starters. Some kindly soul might send you a copy of theirs.

Read the Welcome Message and also fill out some of your profile and signature - don't be a mystery man Wink

You'll also get some good advice about starting up from the tax man - very important to do things correctly right from the start - and check out your local Chamber of Commerce for advice, and maybe a grant or two, as well.

All the best,

Daviw

Posted by choice.clean (choice.clean), 31 March 2004
one thing i always put on my fliers that generates work months after putting them out

even if you don.t need a window cleaner now keep the leaflet

it's surprising how many people do even if they have a window cleaner

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.