Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Ladder supplier

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 1 September 2003
I have been looking for quite a while now for a large set of A-frame ladders and come across this site. Well worth a look as I have just brought myself a 28ft set heavy duty alloy. And got next day delivery in with the cost from bristol to Clacton on sea Essex
What do you think
Happy climbing.
Alan  

http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/ladders_windclean.htm
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 6 September 2003
Hi
I've heard they're good - it's who we recommend when we get asked for ladders.
Posted by STEVE71163 (STEVE71163), 6 September 2003
We have used the same company to get our ladders and they have all been good ladders.
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 6 September 2003
Got my new 28ft A-Frame ladder but there was a few problems so got in touch with Lansford and to be honest I take my hat of to these guys spoke to the boss a Mr Pitman and we arranged to meet to part exchange for a 21ft pair. I have been using these for a couple of days and wish I had started using these ladders 16 years ago the quality is tops, and when up at heights it does fell so much safer.
I have always used sets up to 14ft doubles (A-frames) and the single ones but if you want a good quality set of ladders purchased from a company that does its best to meet your requirements then deal with Lansford. www.ladders999.co.uk Highly recommended.
Alan    

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 7 September 2003
Hi Alan
I'm curious, what problems did you have to make you decide to go for a 21ft rather than the 28ft?
Regards
Mike
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 7 September 2003
Hi mike on their web site it said that the two sections could be separated and the one stick was high enough for most 1st floor work I do, so thought great when it comes to the high stuff join together got a large ladder.
The problem was they don’t separate (web page was not right) and me only weighing about 10 ½ stone and 5ft 6inch tall they weighed a ton and hard to control as too long for every day 1st floor cleans.
But no problems Mr Pitman noticed the problem and changed them and amended the web page.Will be dealing with them again really good company there was a lot of behind the scenes conversations and were well helpfull You don't see that sort off service now days in some company's.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.