Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

anyone use extension poles?

Posted by samm (samm), 4 November 2003
I have been thinking, for all my dodgy windows above sloped roofs and 3rd storey jobs to use extension poles, does anyfind that they use poles for all upper windows, or just the ones they cant reach by ladder (in case doesn't come out as good)
can anyone recommend a set/size to buy to reach 3rd storey windows, i spose u need the squeegee and washer on same bar otherwise it will take longer?

I remember seeing the pointing attatchment for the scrim for detailing, do these do a good job?

thanks in advance for any help

sam
Posted by simonb (simonb), 4 November 2003
Poles are tiring
u need a vice versa on top
forget detailing
tell em u can do them but finish won't be as good or betterstill tell em u aren't insured and it's not worth the risk
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 4 November 2003
WinkSAMM the Ettore Vice Versa is about the best you will
use, its postitioned just about perfect balance,they are not cheap around £45 but worth it! Wink
Posted by samm (samm), 4 November 2003
cheers simon & terry,
thats ok, the windows I cant reach (and the WC's before didnt either) I can say I do them but not as well due to poles, I suppose their grateful to have it done, as the windows are filthy- dont think they have been cleaned since the houses were built.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.