Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Decent metal polish

Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 26 August 2003
Can anyone recomend a decent metal polish thats good at getting finger prints off brass plates etc Ive used brasso before but it works out expensive when you have a lot to clean also needs to be good on stainless steel lifts etc
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 26 August 2003
Try Peek - it's brilliant and can be used on most surfaces. Particularly good on brass, stainless steel, copper and polished aliminium as well as fibreglass and plastics (also good on painted surfaces)
It's supplied in paste form - every cleaner should have some!
Posted by Perry_White (Perry_White), 6 November 2003
peek's the best I've ever used. Cool
Posted by woodman (woodman), 6 November 2003
yes have to agree, Peek is the best.

You can aslo get in  spray foam aswell.

Spray it on let it foam up, rub it in and wash off superb finish Wink
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 6 November 2003
Peek gets my vote 2
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 November 2003
I clean loads of brass. Where would i get Peek from Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by woodman (woodman), 11 November 2003

Hi Steve

I get mine from Costco .

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 November 2003
Thanks woodman,
                           Where is costco Huh Have they got a website Huh

Steve
Posted by woodman (woodman), 12 November 2003
Hi Steve

Where are you located?

Just in case you are unaware, Costco are a huge American wholesale group, where you can buy almost anything a bit like Macro only a 100 times better and they only deal in good quality merchandise often at discounted rates.

I have been a Trade Member for 10 years now and it's well worth it.Trouble is taking the missus with you, they spend a small fortune in there. Angry

You would know if you had one close  by but even if you have to travel a bit it's worth it to become a member. Go to    www.costco.co.uk to obtain further info.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 12 November 2003
Hi woodman,
                   I am in Surrey. Is it a bit like Makro Huh

Steve
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 12 November 2003
Hi woodman,
                   I just had a look at their website and it looks like the nearest one is in London Huh I might go and have a look and see what they have got Cheesy On my own Grin

Thanks

Steve
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 18 November 2003
Steve

I'll put some Peek samples in tonights post for you (together with the CD and Microfibre cloths I promised!!)

If anyone else would like to try Peek please ring us on 0800 9154 154 and we'll send some samples!

Regards

Mike
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 18 November 2003
Thanks Mike,
                   Much appreciated Smiley

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.