Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Cleaning scheduling software

Posted by mike_n (mike_n), 23 January 2004
I would appreciate any suggestions as to suitable PC software for scheduling and invoicing for residential drive and deck cleaning business? I have seen some USA products such as gopher and landscape pro but they do not seem to be adaptable to UK taxes/currency/dates etc.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 23 January 2004
Hi Mike
         I dont know if its the type of thing that you are talking about but could you not use George the window cleaners assistant Huh That schedules and invoices etc and may be suitable if adapted Huh

www.georgesystems.co.uk

Steve
Posted by mike_n (mike_n), 23 January 2004
Hi Steve
Thanks for the pointer, the george software has the scheduling but we need VAT on invoices and from what i can tell we probably will not be able to adapt, but thanks anyway Wink.
Mike
Posted by georgesystems (George Systems), 23 January 2004
Hi Mike

George will calculate VAT on invoices.

Paul Sanders
George Systems
http://www.georgesystems.co.uk

Posted by petra (petra), 23 January 2004
For invoicing why not try Tas Books, simple, and Vat , but as for sheduling no. Not found anything reasonable yet, I just do my own shedules in Excel or wORD CHEAPER AND YOU CAN SAVE AND EDIT THEM.
Petra
Posted by mike_n (mike_n), 24 January 2004
Thanks guys,  Embarassed should have looked at George more thoroughly before commenting on the VAT (thanks Paul i finally found the VAT toggle). I presently use Sage and I was looking for an easy way of scheduling and creating invoices and then importing to Sage as Sales invoices but it looks as if i shall have to use Access/Excel and do it from there as Petra suggests.
Mike
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 25 January 2004
Hi folks
With regard to invoicing we use sage line 50.
Scheduling we do our own on works microsoft printed out daily for our cleaners.
We call them our task sheets this give us all the information with regads to paying wages and invoicing customers.

These are completed on a daily basis and handed into the office on a friday but if it is a one off clean for a new customer they get invoiced on that day.
If thats any help for you. Wink
Posted by Charles_@_lakeland (lakeland), 27 January 2004
Hi Mike,

Quick books is all you will ever need simple easy to understand. As you input data it builds a database automatically. You can print a vat record out at any time you require. At the touch of a button raise an invoice. Find out who your best clients are and you worst. Accountants delight. Quickbooks 2002. I would not recommend software that is taxing. I spend a lot of time setting up a database in excel and PowerPoint only to discover this software. Your bank could give you good advice in this area as they did in my case. Too much time spent in front of a pc until I discovered this software.  

Regards
Lakeland

Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 27 January 2004
The only thing about Quicken / Quickbooks is the number of people you can employ before the 'slots' run out. Its 99 with Quickbooks and unlimited with Sage. Once you exceed 99 the system is known to crash, I have learned that the hard way.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.