Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Extracta leather cleaner

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 6 February 2004
Has anyone used Extractas new leather cleaning kit?If so is it really as good as Brian makes out? What leather cleaners does everyone else use.At the moment I'm having trouble trying to get rid of denim dye transfer or ink stains.
Posted by LTT (LTT), 7 February 2004
Excellent products on the market for dye transfer and ink removal.  Dye transfer is not necessarily a cleaning problem it depends how long it has been on the leather.

There is an article on our web site about dye transfer www.LTTsolutions.net or if you require further technical help give us a ring on 01423 881027.

Cheers
Andy
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 12 February 2004
Purchased some of extractas leather cleaning products and yes they really are as good as Brian said well worth a look contact Brian 0191 4825005
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 12 February 2004
Hi Guys
          If the denim transfer is on protected top grain leather,start with a foam alkali based leather cleaner.If this does not remove it move onto a solvent,which is  recomended for leather.

Most protected leathers have there pigment sealed by a polyurethane finish. If this is broken-down  by the foam/solvent,you will lose pigment/colour.

Then you have the major job of colour matching.

Regards  rob-s Wink
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 12 February 2004
Hi again,
               I forgot to mention the product I use.I use the leather master range,which as a leather technician I have used for some years.

They also do a colour range, and repair products.

Regards
            rob-s

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.