Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Re: Any 1 thought of taking Direct Debit payments

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 13 December 2003
Dircet debits (Where your bank requests payment from your customer) are the subject of the "direct debit guarantee" and are only available to companies with turnover greater than £500,000

You could however ask your customers to pay by standing order, whereby the money is sent from their account to yours every month on a set date.  I have heard of one customer who pays this way, and it seemed to work fine.  If you miss a month because of bad weather or illness, simply pop a cheque through the door to even things up again.

Silly
Posted by Cov_Cleaner (Cov_Cleaner), 14 December 2003
I agree with you silly. The weather is the BIG problem. If you can't make it on your due day because of rain/snow, you need to visit the premises on that day to either discuss/leave a note explaining circumstances together with a contact number.

In my opinion, So much more admin is needed with Standing Order. Credit Card payments over phone are cool if the job is over a tenner and the customer has gained trust. I've recently learned that paypal.com can be a cheap way of transfering payment from any customer who has an email address. I mainly do carpets now and they are always home.
Posted by matt (matt), 14 December 2003
www.nochex.com

these are better than paypal, you can use any debit card and its uk based
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 14 December 2003
nohcex is ok if your customers are online. This company here use's a good way to collcect money have a look at the video http://www.ezy-clean.co.uk/start.htm
Posted by Neil (wylie), 14 December 2003
ezy-clean Undecided OK system Smiley Cheesy Video Tongue Tongue Embarassed
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 14 December 2003
Made me cringe Cheesy
Posted by matt (matt), 14 December 2003
nice video  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

not too keen on the worker though, he would take 2 hours a house
Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 14 December 2003
CHEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZYYYY  clean Grin  
Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 14 December 2003
if above is right these guys doing £500,000 a year Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 December 2003
Does anyone know where this company is based Huh

Steve
Posted by simonb (simonb), 14 December 2003
I have about 10 on SO's
They are always out.
As they have paid I do it rain or shine. I NEVER give money back!
Biggest problem is putting up the price.
I have just been round and put up prices which have not changed for 5 yrs. So a £10 house goes to £12.50.
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 15 December 2003
"if above is right these guys doing £500,000 a year"

They dont earn a fraction of that so i guess u dont have to earn £500,000 a year to set up direct debit.

Their based in the south east, Steve.
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 16 December 2003
Looks like chem dry type advertising
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 16 December 2003
Thanks Sham33,
                        The company name seemed to ring a bell but i could not remember. Where in the South east are they Huh

Steve
Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 16 December 2003
I use pre-paid envelopes for my wheelie cleaning business.it costs 20p every time i recieve one but just stick it in your price...works for me.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.