Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

The recoil 2 /3 cross american

Posted by des (des), 23 February 2004
Hi all
who sell the recoil carpet cleaning machine in the uk
des Roll Eyes
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 23 February 2004
Des,

Not yet available, price not yet finalised but distributors will be:

A & M Cleanings Supplies  
3-7 Orbital Crescent  
Watford,Herts  
WD25 0HB  
01923 671587

John.

Posted by josephus (josephus), 24 February 2004
if i can add my two cents.

i was interested myself in getting one (too exspensive)

but i phoned up the company and talked to a nice guy i think is the owner called carl i think or maybe ed i forget.

he said that ams order is ready to ship shortly, but hed make me one and send it over if i asked nicely, with our voltage and everything.

the numbers is 001 734 6652 399
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 24 February 2004
The guys name is ED

no more expencive than other machines in its class

an no a Ninja is not in its class

IVAR Grin Grin Grin
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 24 February 2004
I think that it would work out expensive getting Cross American to make one machine up to your spec and then shipping one machine over, Hopefully when A&M cleaning Supplies come up with a price to supply in this country it will be favourable.

Mark
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 24 February 2004
£2450 + VAT - I had it from the horses mouth yesterday.

Something tells me that a guy with the business ethics of Ed Valetine isn't going to break his agreement with his UK distributor in order to save you a couple of hundred quid.

Nigel

Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 24 February 2004
have just looked at their website and they sell the recoil 3 direct online for $2595 dollars. with an exchange rate of 1.8 to the pound at the moment that makes it about £1360 Shocked. why do we always pay over the odds for eqipment here Huh
Posted by Ed_Valentine (Ed Valentine), 24 February 2004
Des;

Thank you for your question.

A & M , as John had mentioned, will be (exclusive)distributing the RECOIL-3HP System and some of our other products. They are a very fine company. Alan and Robert McKane are first class gentlemen in every sense of the meaning. They value their customers deeply and provide supreme service, as my good friend Nigel and many others would attest to.

After 28 years in business, I have learned one major--and very important thing , btw, that really applies to all products , I would like to share with you:

"There is a Big difference between "Price" and "Cost".

"Price" is a one time thing; however, "Cost" is what you will pay long after the sale is over.

As the old saying goes, Good Things seldom are cheap; and cheap things are seldom good!"

Wishing everyone the very best. Wink

Good Fortune;
Ed Valentine
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 24 February 2004
hi

i import op machines so i know a little about importing from the states.

problem 1

exchange rate . the pound is up against the dollar if it goes down can you alter the price of the product as it will cost more to import.

problem 2

shipping. it is expensive ie: for every case of cleaning chemical value $100.00 it costs $192.00 to ship to me

problem 3

import duty and vat have to be paid there and then

if you import the machine your self where is the back up not brought from a dist can you get parts.

it has taken me 12 months to set my dist ship up and need to make a profit as does a & m were all in busniess to make mony

just my throughts

steve

Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 24 February 2004
can you tell me abit about this system!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huh
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 24 February 2004
hi

i belive the recoil is a hwe system

steve
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (HolmansUKLTD), 24 February 2004
so we pay about £1000 more for overheads? salesbackup etc. still seems alot and if the machine is that good (which i belive it is) it shouldnt break down if regularly serviced?
Chris,

The Recoil is a slightly different kettle of fish from the standard (2 x 3 stage vacs and 100psi pump) portable. By adding an additional vac motor and wih a bit of clever configuration, Ed has managed to produce exceptional vacuum performance (for a portable). This enables the use of a heavy duty 350psi pump. Therefore you can manage longer hose runs and still expect a good performance. Indeed I believe many operators in the US are leaving the Recoil on the van. I was impressed by its portability - only just a tiny bit bigger and heavier than a Powermax!

Nigel
Posted by des (des), 24 February 2004
Hi ed and every one that has replied to my question but i am looking at getting a new portable a.s.a.p so when will they be on sale in this country and can we have a price as well for the top of the range model .The company that will be selling them where are they  in the uk    des
Des,

Read the 2nd reply you got to your message (from Dynafoam)and pick up the phone and ask Grin

Nigel
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 25 February 2004
I thought you could add an extras vac to a Ninja. That is run it with three.

If they can make machines in US to sell for about £1300 why cant a British Manufacturer make a top of the range machine for this price,

Is it that there are more customers in US therefore they sell more machines,

Ian
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 25 February 2004
I had a phone call yesterday from A&M confirming the price (£2495 + VAT ) . Angry
I am very disappointed with this price as I know what they sell for in the US. Angry
Although I am still interested I would like to see one working before I commit myself to buying one. Undecided
Why can't a british manufacturer make something like it ? Undecided
And perhaps price it sensibly. Embarassed

Mark
Posted by Lionel (Lionel), 25 February 2004
how are these machines powered? Undecided
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 25 February 2004
Deposit paid on mine - hope to take delivery end of next month.

Demand is already high and seem may outstrip supply for some time.

This will be my first HWE system that I have not built myself in over 38 years! I have not yet even seen one 'in the flesh' - but Nigel says it's great and he's a man who knows all manner of HWE machines.

John.
sorry dynafoam

very interested in machine but how is it powered? Does it have one or two power leads of it?
Lionel,

It's electrically powered via two leads.

John.
I thought it was illegal to have to power leads of one appliance!
American safety standards are different than ours?
Lionel,

AFIK, there is no law preventint the use of any number of power cables being use to run a single appliance.

Obviously each cable must be connected to a separate curcuit, otherwise any un-used leads would be live.

John.

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (HolmansUKLTD), 25 February 2004
i still want one!!

A&M are doing a demo soon so i think ill have a look

anyone thought of putting a consortium together?

we could order 15 from the states  and save a few quid!!

just  a thought Wink
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 25 February 2004
Alltec make/made the millenium 3 vacs 500psi pump no heat and I think it was about £4000

Shaun
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 25 February 2004
Lionel Ninja made in UK and has two power leads.

Re importing some, they would need to be 240V motors, becomes a special, probably a lot dearer.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.