Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 8 February 2004Yawn i know but i am ticking this off my list of things.
I am going to
1. Actually read all the MSDS sheets i have and carry them all times in case little timmy drinks some of my solvall so we know what to tell the ambulance man.
2. Carry a pint eye wash with me, have you seen what some of these things can do to your eyes or little timmys. Squirts his baby brother with my traffic lane sprayer.
3. Wear my gloves so in a few years time i dont develop dermatitus. Nitrile rubber a good all rounder buy them too ig so its not a hassle to get them on and off. Or at least have a realy big cut down one when you are spotting with nasty chems.
4. Have a set of good quality dustmasks. Mainly in case i am in a waynetta's. But also because long term exposure to allergens will increase my chances of breathing problems later in life.
5. Check the condition of all my mains leads on a basic maintainence schedule for my equipment.
6. Check all the fuses in my second hand kit are the correct value. and make sure I carry some fuses so i am not tempted to do anything naughty if one goes on me.
7. find suitable RCD equipment if possible.
And on separate issue back up my PC the last time i did it was some time ago , if i lost a lot my data it would set me back.
What have i forgotten my dears, quite a lot i am sure.
Oh and be good to your knees and they will be good to you.
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 8 February 2004Thats strange i didnt know that you had been booked to clean my mums carpets??
Also known as Little Timmy by my mum
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 9 February 2004Oh and don't forget CLEAN UNDERWEAR
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 9 February 2004Don't forget some prophylactics...........you never know
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 9 February 2004Hi Chris...
Don't be filthy.... proper what?
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 9 February 2004Come on Derek, You know exactly what there used for..................Replacemt diaphragms for sprayer pumps!!!
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 10 February 2004Hi David
Just having some fun...but I'll bet some of the new people to the industry didn't know so I though a light hearted clarification was in order..
Thanks for your reply
This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.