Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Great Day Out In Watford

Posted by woodman (woodman), 31 March 2004
Hi Guys

I hope you all enjoyed your day out in Watford and you all had safe journeys home.

It was a fabulous turn out and of course the warm sunny weather helped.What was supposed to be a 4 hr event turned into 6hrs, which we didn't mind as there was so much to talk about.

To be able to see five different systems demonstrated was a real bonus and I know several of you have already decided on new machinery to add to your kit.

A big thank you to A&M for allowing us the run of their premises and for laying on lunch for so many.

Trevor

(the cleaner formely known as Woodman) Wink

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 31 March 2004
Second all that you say there Grin
Good luck Trevor............. Lips Sealed
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 31 March 2004
Yes Trevor a great day out, are you sure it was 6hrs I felt like 2 did have enough time to meet all the cc.

I agree seen five different systems demonstrated two of which I’m thinking about.

Also a big thanks to A & M

Have you put that silk rug up on ebay?

Len

Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 31 March 2004
Good to say hello, Len. I don't think we even mentioned Jani-King (more that 30 times) LOL.

A good day with really nice people.
Happyeater

Bone of contention that mob, the Italian/Russian mafia have nothing on me, but what a great day out, am looking forwards to the next one, a lot titbits on methods/systems.

Len

Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 31 March 2004
I agree it was a great day out and worth the effort to attend.

Big thanks to Nigel and others for their efforts and also to A&M they have a great premises there and I'd recommend any cleaners in their area to take a look.  Its great to be able to try before you buy.

The recoil looked like a good machine as did the oscaliting (SP) machine.

cheers

PS. we should of had name badges as I didn't get to meet the above posters or at least don't remember them!
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 31 March 2004
Len and I were the two good looking ones!  Roll Eyes
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 31 March 2004
Extremely good day,

Especially good to meet Happy Eater, woodman, Mark Roberts, Chris Straker , Ken Ray and of course the inimitable !! (is that a word??)  LEN GRIBBLE   Grin

Lets do it again

Mark
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 31 March 2004

Thanks Trevor & everyone else for organising and A & M for use of their premises.

Great turnout, enjoyed meeting everyone again.

Agree with Mark we should have name tags next time.

Whens the next one??

Phil.

Mark

Keep it up the Queen will here of this forum and I will could Sir grib with Name tag

Len Grin Huh

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 1 April 2004
Hi Guys

Sorry, I couldn't make it down - the last day of the month is always chaotic and it turned out to be worse than normal.

Perhaps if we give it a few weeks we can start looking at the Midlands meeting that was mentioned a little while ago.

Regards

Mike
Posted by woodman (woodman), 1 April 2004
Hi Mike

Sorry you couldn't make it but just let us know when the Midlands event is taking place and I'll put in the diary, now that I have a bit of time on my hands Wink

Len:
The Silk Rug is available for hire at a reasonable rate at any demo you care to carry out. No doubt it will be making an appearance in the Midlands Grin

The name tags is a great idea we did mention yesterday that we wished we had done just that as Nigel & I were a bit taken aback by the turn out.
(Mike you might want to take note on that for your event.)

Just goes to show that get togethers like this are a worthwhile excercise and that we can work together instead of in isolation as many of us have in the past Wink
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 1 April 2004
Just pleased no photies have been posted, seemed to be a lens clicking everywhere!  Undecided
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 1 April 2004
I did notice two photographers buzzing around........ and 6 hours is a long time to hold your stomach in  Tongue
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 1 April 2004
Chris

I had a mans corset on just for the occasion took it off then the camera men came out, I claim intellectual property beer gut and all.

Len Grin Grin

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 1 April 2004
Maybe thats the reason we've seen no piccys. Len Broke the camera!!!!!!! Roll Eyes
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 1 April 2004
Hi guys,

Had a fantastic day out at Watford - well worth the journey from the Midlands.  Nice to put faces to the names from the forum.  I agree that identity badges at the next meeting would be a great idea.

Not overly impressed with Recoil 3 but very impressed with the CFR pro station 400, with its recycling system and 400 psi pump pressure, producing fantastic results.

Hopefully, I will be able to arrange an open day at Franklins of Sheffield within the next month for all who wish to attend - the more the merrier!

regards rob-s

P.S.  Hope you guys from down south will be able to make the journey (you may not need your sunglasses north of Birmingham!)
 Cool Cool Cool
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 April 2004
Hi

Alan McCane arranged for the photographer(s) and its my guess you will see your happy smiling faces in one or two of the Trade Magazines in the near future

We could do a callendar for next year (2005)... my 'brother' John as December (Father Chistmas)... the cheeky fresh faced Uncle Kenneth Wainwright as January (New Year)... the mind boggles

Put me down for March.......wild and windy Wink Shocked

Cheers
Derek
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 2 April 2004
on 04/02/04 at 08:21:36, Derek Bolton wrote:
Hi

Put me down for March.......wild and windy Wink Shocked

Cheers
Derek

Derek,

Next time you stop for fish & chips on the way home, give the gerkins a miss  Grin

John.

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 2 April 2004
Put me down for October/ Halloween..........the wife always screams when i get undressed Shocked
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 3 April 2004

John,

I didnt realise you were at Watford the other day.

I saw your dad Derek, but I wasnt aware both Boltons were present. Grin

Phil

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 3 April 2004
Phil,

To some extent the day was a victim of its' own sucess! I'm sure many of us were 'ships that passed in the crowd'.

If you had been wearing you van, I would have recognised you  Grin

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.