Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Walkie Talkies

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 15 January 2004
We recently bought a set of walie-talkies (or 2-way radios!) so that we could communicate when in different places.  (For example if I'm doing the outside of a job and Mrs Silly is doing the insides - helps to co-ordinate)

I'd recommend them, very good!  They come with a hands-free kit, can be voice activated (with adjustable sensitivity), or used with a little button on the mic.

Also they are normal FM radios, so you can listen to the radio, but if the other person speaks, it breaks in.

Re-chargeable too.

Silly
Posted by ThirskMan (ThirskMan), 15 January 2004
where'd u get yours from, how much?
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 15 January 2004
We got ours from argos, £60.  But there are many more brands that may be cheaper.  You get 2 handsets, but an unlimited number can be used together.

Here's the link

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=63100&Trail=C$cip=8380>C$cip=8400&categoryId=8400

Silly
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 15 January 2004
I bet you`re like Max and Paddy off Phoenix Nights.

"Can you hear me now, I`m on the bus,"   Grin

Gerry.  (Over)
Posted by matt (matt), 15 January 2004
Tandy had them a week or 2 ago , half price, 35 quid for the set
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 15 January 2004
Hi,

Going back to phoenix nights - send your missus the chippy and het her to read the menu out to you while you are working and then you can have what you want for your dinner and keep on working at the same time and if she complains tell her that you thought she liked shopping

Craig

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.