Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

HELP!!! FIRST OFFICE QUOTE

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 10 January 2004
I have my first office cleaning quote to do today at 2pm!!!

Any tips

Thanks

Mark
Posted by petra (petra), 10 January 2004
well its 2.11 pm, so hope it is all going well mate, good luck
hahhaha

Well b uggers phoned and changed to 4pm so still got time to worry about it

lol

Thanks
Ok

Visited above office.

Total 1000 sq ft split between 2 offices, one small kitchenette with sink etc, 2 toilets/washrooms with one cubicle in each and hand basin etc

Also 13 windows that need cleaning monthly.

about 4 desks in each office, computer on each and telephone.

Small entrance lobby leading to first office.

Ok

How long do you think it would take?

Would cleaning be done every day or would 3 visits be enough? (they asked me about this i dont think they want daily visits.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 10 January 2004
Hi Mark, if you REALLY want the job you're looking at about 25 minutes - possibly 30 if it's cleaned alternate daily.

To recruit somebody though you're going to have to pay someone for the equivalent of 2 hours work - more so if it's only for 3 days.

Frankly mate it's not worth going for unless you're going to charge a lot for it. If you're going to advertise in the press for a cleaner a single advert would probably cost the equivalent of 2 month's profit.

If you already have a cleaner lined up for it then you could consider it, but by the time you've included your insurance costs and all the other add-ons you need quite a few more jobs before this venture becomes profitable.

Believe me, (and if you don't then read some of the other posts here) single cleaner contracts are more hassle than the larger ones.

Musicman
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 10 January 2004
Hi

i would maybe charge more for the initial clean as there is more work involved and then get them on a maintainence contract.

Pc's about £20 each (incl phones)
bogs £30-40 each
windows £60 (is that inside+ out?)
kitchenette £40
Capets hoovered, not sure. Cleaned properly £1500-2000 depends on method use + £ per square metre.

hard to quote without seeing it but hoped i have helped and not opened myself for heaps of critisism?

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by petra (petra), 10 January 2004
I agree it is hard to quote without seeing it and sq ft don,t mean much to me. I work my jobs out by time I belive it will take + materials + admin + ins+expenses then add 6% for anything I may have missed, and than 25-40% profit depending on the size of job, but I always charge alot more for a deep clean.
Hope it helps
PS I do this all via a spreadsheet that I designed.
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 11 January 2004
Mark

sorry i read 1000 metres instead of feet.

thats about 111 metres I would chrage to clean that (extraction) About £250 and try to sell protection also which would add about 75-100% to the price.

But you are there seeing it and will obviously have a feel for the place and the people.

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 11 January 2004
Martin, looks like you also read carpet cleaning instead of office cleaning - and this is the 'General Cleaning' section of the forum.

Mark's looking at the work that involves emptying bins, vacuuming carpets, dusting/polishing, toilet cleaning etc.

I've also tried to find Mark's comments about an initial/deep clean - but I'm damned if I can find it.

Our Mr Betts is clearly a very experienced carpet cleaner - I don't think he needs help on quoting carpet cleaning, but office cleaning is something he is looking to diversify into - hence his request for advice.
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 11 January 2004
Oops! sorry, no offence meant.

martin Cool
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 11 January 2004
No offence taken for a moment Martin, just wanted to clarify that's all.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.