Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Chemicals

Posted by moon (moon), 14 January 2004
I was wondering what chemicals are the "must have's" when starting out. There are so many different types out there.
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 14 January 2004
I started carpet cleaning with a company that used Prochem, 21 years on and i still use it in my own business.  Labelling system is foolproof Cool .....unless you are colour blind Shocked. Some brands are clearly worded and not easy to mix up but colours work from a distance before you can read wording. Saves time when reaching around in van and on site.
So the debate begins................................. Roll Eyes
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 14 January 2004
try this http://www.solution-gloeckner.de/html/produktuebersicht.php?kat=1&sprache=en  its the business
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 14 January 2004
quickest entry to site is www.solution-uk.com takes you straight into the english version or ring 0870 1123691
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 14 January 2004
Hi Moon

Do you have a copy of the Prochem Catalogue? They list a starter kit with a range of their most popular chemicals if you want an idea of what they supply most of. Let me know if you want a copy.

Regards

Mike
Posted by allencarpetclean (allencarpetclean), 14 January 2004
Apart from the obvious detergents, carpet & upholstery
A citrus Gel
An acid rinse
Emzyme pre-spray
Sodium Metobysolphate (reducing agent)
general purpose spotter
anti foam
De-odoriser
Urine neutraliser
The list can go on for ever or some would say why not just get some micro-splitting stuff.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 14 January 2004
I cleaned a bedroom carpet today with some of this micro-splitting stuff (Solution No2) diluted 20-1 presprayed with Hydroforce 400psi   no agitation very little dwell time and it shifted Red Wine, Curry, Blood and other unknown ingrained stains, client was over the moon, (so was I) took less than 30 minutes and earned me very good money and 3 recommendations.

What more can we ask for??
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 14 January 2004
Hi how much are these micro splitters , how do they work?

cheers alex
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 15 January 2004
Hi Alex

Certainly do...I use very little else ...just follow the basic rules and you shouldn't go wrong

Derek
Posted by Christal_Clean (Bryan H), 15 January 2004
Reference micro-splitters

I now use one-step for all upholstery & find it produces excellent results,  but could see no discernable improvement on carpets.

I use a light conventional pre-spray & tank additive, but because so many of you regularly extol the virtues of micro-splitters on carpets, I intend to have another try.

Could you tell me ?  am I right in thinking that a much heavier
pre-spray is required than usual, & is it wise to to use a small amount of tank additive as well ?   or acid rinse ?   I live in a very hard water area.

Your comments welcome

Bryan  
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 15 January 2004
hi bryan

the carpet is misted with the solution if sprayed heavily there is no benifit. use plenty of aggitation may be a sebo duo, rinse with water.

steve
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 15 January 2004
Hi There are two secrets to using Micro splitting chemicals

1. less is best, use a very light mist spray, do not over wet

2. agitation will help break down the soil before rinsing with  hot water extraction

adding a micro splitting chemical to you machine will only do one thing "cost you more money " it will not improve the cleaning result, in extreme soiling conditions it may be necessary to re treat and rinse

Cheers Nick
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 15 January 2004
Hi

Micro-splitting chemicals do not have any optical brightening agents, therefore you may not see the complete results as you clean although results can be dramatic.... the results improve on drying.

Nick is right...mist and agitate...that's the key

Derek  
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 15 January 2004
From what you have said gentleman it sounds super,smashing,great, is heated water rinse required.

Also how much are these voooonder chemicals from germany.

Alex

Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 15 January 2004
Hi Alex

email me on nick@solution-uk.com I,ll forward a price list or you can ring on 0870 1123691

all  the best Nick

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.