Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Dogs Hairs easy solution?

Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 21 January 2004
Can any 1 help, or tell me an easy way to remove dogs hairs out of car upolstery and carpets it took me 3 hours to do a car today...  it was minging" really minging
Andy
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 21 January 2004
Get a big roll of cellotape and wrap it around your hand sticky side outwards, then dab it off. Replace the cellotape as needed. It used to work wonders on my uniform when i was at the old bill training school.
Denzle
thanx m8
will need a few rolls a week. you know what some peeps are like with there vehicles. my wife is terrible with hers.
might need to get some shares in sellotape.
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 21 January 2004
Acording to the book How Clean is Your House.

Half price at all good book shops.

£1 World Books.

A damp shamie will do the trick.

Let me know if it works.

Can of Coke idea failed in the loo.
ok will give it ago. Cheers for that
Andy
Posted by petra (petra), 21 January 2004
Can of coke in the loo tell us more....
Petra
Posted by DP (DP), 22 January 2004
Well
Minging dog hairs in cars
Policemen working with dogs

What can I say ?

Except in respect of cleaning have you tried those giant rolls of sticky tape with handles on them that you get from dry cleaners.

They seem to work very well on clothes and in the car Roll Eyes
Posted by Clean_Waterless (Clean_Waterless), 22 January 2004
Hi Andi

A tip given to me by a V experienced valeter.

This is to used very carefully on carpets.

Take a hacksaw blade and scrape it against the carpet grain. Very effective & Waterless!

Gary
Posted by Les (Les), 22 January 2004
Someone passed on the tip of using one of those rubber Dog Brushes. The one's with lots of little rubber 'nodules'. I got one from my Valet products supplier and it does work quite well. Otherwise try a pet shop, (bit obvious really) Cheesy
Let me know how you get on. Wink
Posted by Charles_@_lakeland (lakeland), 22 January 2004
Hi Andy,

I have been cleaning cars for sometime and  find a rubber marigold glove helps. Also you can purchase a spray foam from Auto smart that helps.

Regards
Lakeland
Smiley

Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 22 January 2004
Hi Andy,
the easist way to remove pet hairs,get a damp cloth wrap around your hand and brush the fabric  Wink Wink
Posted by petra (petra), 22 January 2004
Ok went to tesco's and bought Andy one of those lint removers (stick roller).
Petra
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 22 January 2004
In answer to the coke post.

In the book it said that a can of coke emptied into the bog and left overnight would get rid of limescale, haven't tried it yet.

Had one today, went and got dishwasher tabs and put one into the bowl and 20 mins later gone, excellent.

Put it into the other one, no effect, now left 3 in there overnight, keep you posted

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by petra (petra), 22 January 2004
But that means you have to go back 2morrow...surley acid wash would be easier?
Petra
Posted by stephen_c (stephen_c), 22 January 2004
Andy,

Have you tried the tweezer method? slow but effective.

Failing that blitz it with 'nuetrosplodge'

Stephen
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 24 January 2004
Another method in How Clean is your house for cleaning bogs is to use False teath cleaning tablets.
Not impressed by that one.

PS While we are talking about Valets what is the going rate for a car bodywork valet.
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 24 January 2004
Awkward on car carpets but for house carpets use a window cleaning blade on a broom handle and a light water mist then just rake the carpet and lift the hair of easily when its roled up

Nick
Posted by DP (DP), 24 January 2004
Another thought about the dog hairs, how about a black bristled carpet pile brush on a short handle, used to do a great job on all our carpets and upholstery, when we had our dogs. A bit expensive but with an extra handle bracket you could cut it up into a couple of perfect sized ones.
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 25 January 2004
got a sticky roller works really well ' thanks every1
Andy Smiley

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.