Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

How much?

Posted by Squeaky_Clean (Squeaky_Clean), 27 February 2004
Hi all
I need advice on pricing a pre sale clean  Undecided
Empty house
4 bedrooms
2 bathrooms
large lounge/ diner
small kitchen
inc cooker(although not too bad)
10ft hall
stairs & 10ft hall
conservatory
windows in&out
No carpet cleaning.
(South Midlands area)
Posted by Kevin_Whitlow (Pepe Le Pew), 27 February 2004
on 02/27/04 at 12:46:51, Squeaky_Clean wrote:
Hi all
I need advice on pricing a pre sale clean  Undecided
Empty house
4 bedrooms
2 bathrooms
large lounge/ diner
small kitchen
inc cooker(although not too bad)
10ft hall
stairs & 10ft hall
conservatory
windows in&out
No carpet cleaning.
(South Midlands area)

I doubt that anyone has done something exactly the same as this job?Now dont take this the wrong way.How much should I charge?I used to ask myself this question- a lot Grin
Now I ask myself "How much do I need to charge"
To stay in business and make money what do you need to charge per hour?

Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 27 February 2004
on 02/27/04 at 12:46:51, Squeaky_Clean wrote:
windows in&out
(South Midlands area)

I can only help you with this bit.  Windows in & out for a 4 bed house would be about £30 (£15 in, £15 out)

Philip
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 27 February 2004
this is not my game but i have done interior cleaning in the past. but no one on this part of the forum seems to give any pricing advice. i would say for one man for a good sparkle clean i guess 150 -200 depending on condition. only a guess but interested to see what comes back
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 27 February 2004
on 02/27/04 at 16:30:16, gibbouk wrote:
but no one on this part of the forum seems to give any pricing advice.

Cough, Splutter, Choke!

Do you know how much effort went into this topic?

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Equipment;action=display;num=1077804680

Not just from me, but from the other members?

Come on now, credit where its due!

Philip
Posted by Kevin_Whitlow (Pepe Le Pew), 27 February 2004
on 02/27/04 at 16:30:16, gibbouk wrote:
this is not my game but i have done interior cleaning in the past. but no one on this part of the forum seems to give any pricing advice. i would say for one man for a good sparkle clean i guess 150 -200 depending on condition. only a guess but interested to see what comes back

It`s not my game either,thats why I don`t "guess" my prices or anyone elses. Roll EyesI just feel that for people to stay in business, stop asking everybody else what they charge. 75% of start-up businesses fail.This frightening statistic is due in no small part by people guessing their prices, and setting their prices by ringing the competition putting on a phoney accect and asking "How much is it to clean a so & so?" then setting their prices to either undercut the competition or at a level similar(own up is that what you did?).
Why do this if 75% are going out of business within two years or so?The only person this helps is the customer pay less for a valuable service at their price not what you need to live on.I give in Lips Sealed

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 27 February 2004
Hi

I did a similar at xmas time

3 bed detached, only hoovered the carpets.
windows inside only except garden patios.

i charged £180 for that and it took me about 5 hours on my own, did everything else you need to do. I am in the south-east so for your here i would go for about £250

Regards  

Martin Cool
Posted by Squeaky_Clean (Squeaky_Clean), 27 February 2004
Wasn't sure how much to charge as I haven't done many pre sale cleans before and I never know how long they might take. Thanks for the responses that gave actual pricing advice, it was appreciated Smiley.
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 27 February 2004
Pepe

i guess almost all of us have done that at one point as when you start up you do not know what the market is charging, so how do you know what to charge if you do not ask.

Did I?

OF course!

Then I was able to make a start as to what to charge and then price accordingly.

Actually 9 out of 10 businesses go broke within the 1st year so that is 90%. But that also means that 1 out of 10 succeeds. So in other words you only need to fail 9 times to succeed in business.

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 28 February 2004
philly i did say this part of the forum. the window side seems to share prices quite a lot. i still think this side dont. new poeple to the game need a bit of pricing advice. maybe thats why so many business's fail.
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 28 February 2004
Ah yes, sorry I didnt see that bit.

My mistake!

Philip
Posted by seanc (seanc), 28 February 2004
on 02/28/04 at 01:18:51, gibbouk wrote:
philly i did say this part of the forum. the window side seems to share prices quite a lot. i still think this side dont. new poeple to the game need a bit of pricing advice. maybe thats why so many business's fail.

well done to the window boys its a pitty all other cleaners arnt so sharing
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 28 February 2004
Priceing is one thing

Doing it proper is another!
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 29 February 2004
Have a look at the job , work out roughly how long it will take ,decide want you want to earn an hour  add on an amount for materials and wear and tear , fuel etc.
Roberts your Mothers brother ,fanny's your fathers sister
, As long as you are happy to earn that amount for the time worked ( perhaps add a bit on to cover unforseens etc ) you should be happy and hopefully busy. Grin Cheesy Wink

Mark
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 3 March 2004
Hi

How much should i charge for this

2 hours each morning 6-8 general cleaning  
mon-sat...somtimes sunday

Hoovering poilshing etc in a club

Vince

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.