Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Scrapers

Posted by sc (sc), 23 February 2004
I've been using an unger pocket scraper, recently its become hard to move the blade in and out, it hasn't lasted very long. What scrapers do you recommend?
Posted by jake (jake), 23 February 2004
sc

I use a 4" scraper by 'champion', it's got a good cover and the blade is easy to change, even after 6 months!

jake
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 23 February 2004
recently its become hard to move the blade in and out

It's maybe getting a bit clogged up with gunge, or it might be a bit compressed where the blade comes out. Don't chuck it out, they're handy as door wedges.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 24 February 2004
on 02/23/04 at 20:53:22, sc wrote:
I've been using an unger pocket scraper, recently its become hard to move the blade in and out, it hasn't lasted very long. What scrapers do you recommend?

Try changing the blade and spraying with WD40.

Gerry.
Posted by fez (fez), 24 February 2004
I use the Unger 4" scraper. It covers a large area quickly and changing the blade is no trouble.
Posted by fez (fez), 24 February 2004
Oh I forgot to say - I stopped using the pocket scraper for that same reason, I couldn't get the blade out easily. Get a bigger one. Wink
Posted by sc (sc), 24 February 2004
Have cleaned it up and oiled, it works better but still a bit of a struggle. I might get a 4" scraper, but its even more to carry about.

Thanks

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.