Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Introduction into carpet cleaning

Posted by Robert_O (Robert Olifent), 11 February 2004
Looking on Ebay over the last few months I notice that an incredible amount of E-books/manuals are being sold on the setting up of a professional carpet cleaning business.

I just wonder what the implications of this may be, in that the market may be become saturated.

Many may go into the business slap happily with insufficient knowledge, and cause havoc in their wake, and then go out of business. In turn this may cause a poor reputation on the industry as a whole, which long standing competant professionals may have to shoulder the fallout.

I don't have a problem with anyone setting up newly in the business, but when these ebooks are probably selling carpet cleaning on a get rich easy with little effort tact, it just makes me wonder.

Are there many on the forum that have entered into the industry via this introduction?

Regards

Robert
Posted by shaunkinn (shaunkinn), 11 February 2004
Hi Robert,

No I haven't, I joined this site instead to get advice, understanding and to gain valuable knowledge from you guys on how best to approach this new venture. From what I've seen in 1 day, there hasn't been any selfish words said to me. I've had a bucket full of advice thou. I think it like any business, if your good enough you'll survive, I've been a self employed IT consultant for 8 years and I've seen plenty of cowboys, they come and go, I think that goes for every type of business your in, plumbers, etc....

With this in mind I hope to start something different in the next few weeks, hopefully with the help and advice of all you guys.

regards Shaun.  Grin
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 11 February 2004
I bourght the ebook from ebay about a month ago , i wouldn't worry the advice in it is pure rubbish.I pity any poor fool who follows them closley. They will throw money down loo.

I already had done some cleans but i thought at 2.95 it would be intersting to see what it said.

As i say they are rubbish.

Posted by Robert_O (Robert Olifent), 11 February 2004
Hi Alex & Shaun

I did not know exactly what the pack comprised of, but I assumed it might be along the get rich quick, you can earn XXXXX per week, easy peasy lemon squeezy sort of stuff.

Hope you are both keeping busy, although I have to say it is a little slack for me at the moment. Sad

Regards

Robert

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.