Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

builders cleans

Posted by nr_neil (nr_neil), 10 February 2004
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what specific type of covering I should use on glass to protect it from builders.I do have a contract with a local builder but only get called when it is too late.There are already lumps of plaster and concrete on the bare glass.

I have been trying to contact polythene manufacturers but as yet none of them have been able to advise me on the topic.

Iwould like to offer the service of covering the windows as this would leave a better , more professional finish for the person moving in to the house and would place more confidence in
the houseowner to use me in the future as I do meet them because i am the last tradesman in the house before it is handed over.

Posted by andy (andy), 10 February 2004
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR IN A GOOD POSITION!

How are you finding builders cleans?

ANDY
Posted by Bones (Mikey aka Bones), 11 February 2004
Hi Niel,

Is there not the window manufacturers tapes on the frames and sheeting on the glass  Huh If not they must be taking them off, ask then to leave them on and you'll remove them.

Mikey
Posted by simonb (simonb), 11 February 2004
Buy some dpm from a builders merchant.
Posted by jake (jake), 11 February 2004
neil

full marks for being concientious, but I think it is a bit unrealistic to try and cover windows during the build process. Windows are built in fully glazed these days, and would require you to try and cover them as they are fitted. It really is the site managers duty to keep every thing as clean and tidy as possible, all you can do is to tackle cleaning 'mucky' glass the right way, that is is use plenty of water, use a good 4''scraper and hope it's not like that next time!

jake

Posted by nr_neil (nr_neil), 14 February 2004
SORRY I COULDNT GET TO THANK YOUSE EARLIER FOR THE REPLIES.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.