Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

One step

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 19 December 2003
Went to a job this morning and the carpet was the most filthy carpet i have ever came across tried different pre sprays with no effect then found my free sample of one step in the van which i went on to use.Can i just say what an outstanding product normally i would have walked away from a carpet that dirty but now i'm going to use one step all the time as my main cleaning agent the carpet came up like new stains disappeared before my very eyes
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 19 December 2003
Who makes it Steve, I may give it a go myself
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 19 December 2003
Hi Steve

wait till youve tried chemicals form your order today

Nick
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 19 December 2003
on 12/19/03 at 17:54:56, Alex wrote:
Who makes it Steve, I may give it a go myself

Have a look at this http://www.solution-gloeckner.de/html/home.php?sprache=en or contact Nick on 08701543210
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 19 December 2003
Alex,

I have just got home fron cleaning a 14yr old, cream background polyester brocade suite that was so absolutely filthy that most of the green and pink overlay stripes were no longer visible. Stains included several types of ink, crayons, assorted beverages and many I would rather not put a name to.

Pre-spray was Solution Nr 4 (the micro-splitter that Nick was refering to), rinsed with plain water.

The only other spotter used was Solvex and the result was so astounding that I thought that the husband was going to kiss me as well as his wife  Embarassed

(Incidentally the whole family was sitting on the suite watching the Simpsons before I drove away)

To any one who has not tried  micro-splitter technology, I highly commend it - but allow yourself a learning period to experiment with dilution, dwell time, agitation levels etc. before reaching your final conclusion.

John.
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 19 December 2003
john
Where can I buy it
Paul
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 19 December 2003
steve where where can I buy one step
Paul
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 19 December 2003
Paul,

Talk to Nick or his very helpful & friendly team on 0870 1123691 or for more product info:

www.solution-uk.com

John.
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 19 December 2003
This topic seems to be getting confused, if you want ONE-STEP then buy it from www.worldofclean.co.uk if you want the other stuff then contact nick,

I've got both of them on the van and I can't see any differance.

one thing I have noticed, I was told that if you pre-spray, agitate and then it dries it will reactivate when the rinse water hits it. I don't find this to be true.

I pre-sprayed a large area today and the solution line was laying acrosss the carpet. This caused a sqiggly line to dry across the carpet where the solution line touched.

when I finished cleaning you could see a dirty sqiggly line running across the carpet as if it had'nt been touch with the pre-spray. So the Solution No 2 or One-step ( I forget what I've got in My Hydro-force) had become ineffective once dried.

Mike
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 20 December 2003
Mike,

Yes the topic has bounced from one product to the other
but, like yourself I cannot distinguish between the two in opperation.

I also concurr with your findings regarding re-activation from dry. I deliberately applied each to sections of carpet that I would not reach for a few hours on a whole-house job and noted that when dry some of the worst marks had faded away almost completely but showed less improvement after extraction than the areas extracted whilst damp.

A repeat pre-spray and further extraction  brought the test areas up to the standard of the rest of the carpet, so it appears that - unlike with some other pre-sprays, notably TLC's - the drying does not make further cleaning more difficult  Smiley

John.
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 21 December 2003
hi all,

where to get onestep

the uk agent is amtec uk tel: 0845 1304755

the world of clean ( cleantalk )

or speak to steve carpenter tel: 07786264648.

yesterday i had a chance to test one step and solutions.

i use a vlm method and the results are only my own conclusions.

onestep and solutions are very close to each other with onestep slightly better than solutions on soils , very little in it.

on spot and stain removeal onestep is the better product.

i will be testing very shortly on hwe

steve
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 22 December 2003
Hi Steve

Where did you get your Solution from

Nick
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 22 December 2003
hi nick

i got it from you

steve
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 22 December 2003
Thanks Steve
your comments interesting as Solution is a stronger chemical mix than one step by the way what is vlm  

cheers Nick
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 22 December 2003
hi nick

vlm stands for very low moisture

steve
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 22 December 2003
Good to speak with you earlier today Nick, like you I also did not know what the abreviation VLM stood for.

Can I please ask on the behalf of everybody that reads this board that contributers DO NOT use abreviations in future.
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 23 December 2003
Received goods from solution-uk as promised really impressed

Thanks Nick
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 23 December 2003
Thanks Steve

We Do try

have a good Christmas hope you enjoy the break

All the Best Nick
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 24 December 2003
hi every body

sorry that not all understand what vlm means.

i also use hwe which stands for hot water extraction

hope this clears things up

steve
Posted by Paul_Elliott (Paul_Elliott), 24 December 2003
LOL!!
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 26 December 2003
LMOA  !!!
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 27 December 2003
Don't you mean, LMAO! hope you had a good Xmas Mark.

I've asked a  question on Cleantalk  that will be right up your street ( Photograghy Wink)

Mike
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 29 January 2004
Hi
 Does anyone find they have to use an acid rinse when using one step ? If so, which one is compatible.

rob-s. Huh
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 30 January 2004
Hi Rob
acid rinse not required with Solution or one step they leave the carpet/upholstery  neutral on drying

Cheers Nick

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.