Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Christmas for those of us venturing out on our own

Posted by girlfriday (girlfriday), 22 December 2003

I would like to wish a very merry Christmas to all of you who are new to running your own businesses, the one thing I have found hard to cope with is the fact that I have no ‘workmates’ now that I am doing this, it is a small price to pay for being your own boss but all the same I miss the office party! So its nice to be able to wish you all in the same boat a very merry Christmas!!

Girl Friday

Posted by houseangels (houseangels), 23 December 2003
This is also my first year as self employed, so I will echo Girl Fridays sentiments and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very profitable New Year.
Perhaps next year a few of us could get together and celebrate!

Terry
House Angels Wink
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 23 December 2003
Cheesy Cheesy Im up for that!!!! Shocked Shocked
Posted by wonderwoman (wonderwoman), 23 December 2003
Hi everyone, Ive just left a cleaning agency to set up on my own, any advice u lot outhere want to give me, I would fully appreciate. I have clients already, but no insurance yet, I feel I am a good enough cleaner to do this but are unsure of any pitfalls, as I have had the agency as a safety net all year. happy Christmas to u all! Smiley
Posted by keybrite (keybrite), 23 December 2003
we have now been in business for 4 months its worth all the hard work, but I do miss other workmates and the xmas parties, im gonna have my own next year  Grin
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 23 December 2003
Maybe next year any of us interested could organise our own Christmas party where we could meet up and talk cleaning all night.

Anyone up for it?

Don't ask me to arrange it though.

Musicman
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 24 December 2003
Hey can carpet boys come , we will bring our wands with us. Grin

It would be nice though wouldn't it.

Merry Xmas

Alex

Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 24 December 2003
Alex it would be b***dy lovely.

How did the car clean go? You still in one piece?

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 24 December 2003
Yeah it went surprisingly well.

After everyone put the wind up me , i was expecting a disaster.

I kept the solution amount low so  i did not over wet , i was quite lucky that there were a few easy to remove stains that were large so the improvment was obvious so customer happy. Grin

The back started to twinge a bit as it was only a 2 door and had to be a bit of a contortionist Shocked.

Wouldn't like to do a picky customers car though, going to aim at carpet and quality sofa's unless the work dries up.

Merry xmas to you  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Alex

Posted by girlfriday (girlfriday), 24 December 2003
I would definately be up for a christmas party next year! thanks for all your replies, it has made me feel like part of a team again!

Merry Xmas again
xxx
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 24 December 2003
Grin Wink WinkAnd a very merry christmas to you all......... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink Wink Wink Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin
Posted by petra (petra), 26 December 2003
Party sounds good to me, just had one with my staff and even thought I paid half of them did not turn up- boring gits...
Petra

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.