Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Starting up

Posted by moon (moon), 28 October 2003
Hello all, I have been reading over various topics in this forum, i have found the advice very valuble. I am thinking of changing career. I am currently in a well paid "executive position" but i am interested in getting into carpet/upholstery cleaning. I live in the Brighton area, if anyone has any advice on starting up, what equipment/courses to invest in etc, I would be most grateful. It seems like there are alot of companies in the area that offer this service, but my thought is, there may be room for someone who wants to offer a high standard, reasonable prices but not "£10 for an entire house" as we've all seen adverts for. Thank you all for your time, I hope to speak with you all at some point. Smiley
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 28 October 2003
Hi Moon

Wecome aboard..

I would suggest that you contact the NCCA (National Carpet Cleaners Association) in Leicester on 0116 2719550

Book onto one of their two day training courses and see what you are letting yourself get into... You will find the two trainers, Paul and Pawlo, very helpful plus they are both carpet cleaners with years of experience

Regards
Derek
Posted by moon (moon), 28 October 2003
Thanks Derek,

Your advice is much appreciated. That was one of the options i was considering along with prochem training. I will look into the NCCA course. Thanks again.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.