Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Finding Premises - Nottingham

Posted by FiDe (FiDe), 13 February 2004
Does anyone have any advice?  I need premises with easy access to bus routes / tram routes for my staff but despite having seen a number of possible options (boarded up shops etc) I have no way of getting the info on who the owner landlord is.  Having searched the web for commercial property info there is hardly any...unless you want tp pay a foprtune, and the local paper is nigh on useless...I'm tearing my hair out!

Any ideas gratefully received...

Thanks

Fiona
Posted by heritagecleaning (heritagecleaning), 13 February 2004
Find out who the main commercial property agents are in Nottingham and give a couple a call. If they are not dealing with the properties in question themselves then they may know who is or who owns them.

Owen
Posted by FiDe (FiDe), 13 February 2004
Thanks for that Owen, trouble is that was the first thing I did - they only seem to deal with 'premier' sites with rents above 10k per annum.  I even put letters through the doors of the ones I have seen - no interest and asked neighbouring businesses who their landlords are...the one I really wanted I tracked down to a local solicitor, the property was in probate and then the heir only went and died too, so its a messy one and I am back to square one.

Someone needs to set up a really decent commercial property web site that is up to date and aimed purley at small businesses.  Even my local business link and re-generation agencies say they cant help!  They have no idea other than searching the land registry!  I am DESPERATE to get something sorted!

Fi
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 13 February 2004
Hi Fiona

Try your local council who usually have a vacant commercial property register. In our area it's Environmental Services(!?) who deals with it.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't an organisation who could help.

Maybe it would be worth putting an ad in the local paper yourself - property wanted.

Regards

Mike
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 13 February 2004
Try yellow pages under 'storage' and 'business centres' may be helpful.
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 13 February 2004
Hi Fiona, in what part of Nott'm are you looking to get premises?

The town centre has a number of serviced offices available, but if you need storage as well they would be inappropriate - although there are a few places around that do storage only if you would consider an office with separate storage.

Have you tried the Business section in the Evening Post (Tuesday)? You have to get past the half page section on what the Business Editor had for lunch, but there are usually properties advertised in the small ads.

I went through a similar process to yourself recently and agree that the information available is shockingly bad.

I even went to one of the Borough Councils only to be told that any units that they have are designated for manufacturing companies only - no wonder they have so many vacant properties!!

Musicman
Posted by Mr._One_Step (Steve Carpenter), 13 February 2004
Hi Fiona,

You could try the following:

Harborough London
54-56 High Pavement
Lace Market
Nottingham
NG1 1HX

Ask for Mark.

Mobile: 07834035600

Regards

Steve
Posted by kb58 (keith b), 13 February 2004
Hi FiDe,

I think this maybe what you are looking for?, check out this website and email them for info, [url][/url]www.nlis.org.uk/docs/index.htm and let me know how you got on!.
Posted by FiDe (FiDe), 16 February 2004
Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your assistance - I will definately let you know how I get on - in fact I have just made an appointment to see somewhere at 1.30 today!

Fiona
Posted by FiDe (FiDe), 19 February 2004
....and it was perfect so I have taken it...once the legals are sorted I'm in business!  Thank you all for your help!

Fi

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.