Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Get those scrims washed early!

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 1 February 2004
Is there anyone else like me, who only remembers to put the scrims on when its late?

Now I have to hang around and wait until they're finished so I can put them to dry for the morning!

I do this every week, is it just me?

Silly
Posted by shinnyshinner (Alan  shinnyshinner), 1 February 2004
Hi silly
I wash all my cloths every night and 9 times out of 10 leave right till the last minute unless my other half does it for me, at 10-11.00 must admit can be a right pain in the rear waiting for washing machine to finish
Alan
Posted by Bones (Bones), 2 February 2004
Slackers

As soon as i'm home there straight in the machine Grin

Mikey
Posted by peterf (peterf), 2 February 2004
Hey guys, this is the window cleaning board not the laundry maids board Grin  Seriously though why don't you use two scrims, one for detailing and the other for mopping up?  you just clean them out during the day if they get dirty.  You can wring enough water out of a scrim to use it instantly.

Peter
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 2 February 2004

left it to late to many times Roll Eyes

now i TELL her to do it straight away Grin
Posted by shinnyshinner (Alan  shinnyshinner), 2 February 2004
Hi all
my daily wash are
4 Scims
3 Applicator sleaves
2 Floor Cloths
1 wiping up mutton cloth
all goes on a quick 30 min wash
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 2 February 2004
on 02/02/04 at 00:11:08, Alan  shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi all
my daily wash are
4 Scims
3 Applicator sleaves
2 Floor Cloths
1 wiping up mutton cloth
all goes on a quick 30 min wash
Alan

Same here Alan. At least you start the day with clean equipment Smiley

Steve
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 2 February 2004
Many years ago, my darling wife thought she was doing me a favour by putting the scrims in the washing machine for me - well, it was a help, but she put washing powder in the machine as well!!

Soapsuds everywhere!!  Oh, how I laughed  Roll Eyes

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 2 February 2004
With all the money you lot are earning why not get a second set  , then you can change them every other   day and it dosn't matter if you forget Cool
Posted by simonb (simonb), 2 February 2004
I have 20 scrims and wash em when theres a huge pile on the garage floor.
Posted by paul (paul), 2 February 2004
my scrims cill cloths and lambs wools go in as soon as we come through the front door without fail Cheesy
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 2 February 2004
on 02/02/04 at 17:58:36, simonb wrote:
I have 20 scrims and wash em when theres a huge pile on the garage floor.

Snap.
Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 2 February 2004
I used to like those scrims that were about 2metres x 2metres and so thick you could wear them instead of a sheepskin coat in the winter. What ever happened to them?
you never had to wash them the dirt fell off of them. Grin

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 2 February 2004
WinkI have come to the conclusion Grin Cheesy Winkyou lot are a bunch of raggers Grin Cheesy Wink Tongue Roll Eyesthe old school never dies Roll Eyes Winkbit more up market  now though Cheesy you wash ya scrims  Grin in the machine Grin
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 2 February 2004
Before my time, I remember gauze on a roll & champion the wonder horse Grin
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 11 April 2004
i dont use scrims to much now days but for years i was the same but i was doing them when i got in, however one day the wife said why dont you have two scrims for each day (10scrims) and then at the end of the week u can wash one lot in the machine (dry over the weekend) instead of 10 hand washs or 5 machine loads.

andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by kevinmchugh (kevinmchugh), 11 April 2004
pole man, when did you get married and why was`nt i invited. thanks for the link just now though and those lovely things you said about me. Roll Eyes
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 11 April 2004
o some mate me, did i not tell you i got married i got her from web site Russian bride.com  Grin

andy
Posted by kevinmchugh (kevinmchugh), 11 April 2004
oh, the one with the tash and the hairy armpits,did`nt know you married it.thought she`d gone back to the circus with the her sister the bearded lady. good window cleaner though!! Cheesy
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 11 April 2004
Duh wats this washin mashine thing ? Huh
You will be tellin me next you use HOT water as well.

Honestly I use 1/4 size scrims- 1x1.5 metre cut into 4, fits in a winspray bottle holder, but now mainly use very slightly damp Microfibre for detailing/polishing.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.