Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Blocks of flats?

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 21 October 2003
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have just been asked to price 9 small blocks of flats close to my home. They total 200sm and i was thinking of charging £400 is this too much as i only do domestic carpet and upholstery cleaning??

p.s. The flats are not too heaviely soiled and will take about 12-16hrs to complete, i dont think it will be a 3times a year job maybe just once a year.

Any help will be appreicated

Is there a spell check in here??! Tongue
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 21 October 2003
Winkwhat I will say is, as it is maybe once a year make sure you are happy with what you charge! Winkmake sure
thats enough money in it for you! Winkflats I will not normally do to much agro! Huh Roll Eyespeople have nothing better to do than watch you! Angry
Posted by DP (DP), 21 October 2003
Perhaps a little more info, ie is this just common areas or flats as well? is 12-16 hours 1 or 20 people?

what sort of cleaning will you be required to do? ie 200sm of empty space or 200sm of furniture, carpets contents clean etc etc.

this would be tough to guess for anyone who can help without the extra info   Grin

places can get real dirty in 12 months (however 1x12hours = £33ph seems a good rate to me)  Wink
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 22 October 2003
sorry, its just the common areas 2 floors, no furniture and just myself doing the clean 100% synthetic rib pile carpet and surprisingly not badly soiled. They are vacummed once a week but its not with a powerfull upright so i will still pre-vac Grin

thanks for your comments so far
Posted by woodman (woodman), 22 October 2003
Hi Nick

Tell them you will do it as a one off at £400
or twice a year at £700 (£350 each time)
ie £2 a sq mt or £1.75 if they have it done twice a year.

If they agree thats an extra £300 you wouldn't have made if you hadn't asked.

By the way it won't take you 12 hrs unless you still using an old Stimvak Junior or similar. Grin
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 22 October 2003
Thanks woody,
Im using a 2100 sx steampro
2-3 hrs will be pre-vaccing though!!!
so i think i could do it in 1 day

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.