Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Dry Fusion Cleaning

Posted by woodman (woodman), 20 August 2003
Has anybody tried the Dry Fusion carpet cleaning system.
I am interested in this and would like to hear from fellow cleaners who have the system or have seen it being carried out.
Posted by Derek (Derek), 23 August 2003
Hi Woodman

I see no one has responded to your question.

I do not personally own a Dry-Fusion machine but I know many cleaning technicians who have and rave about its performance in many situations.
Like all cleaning systems it certainly has its uses and could be possibly an addition to your equipment.

The NCCA have a Cleaning/ Restoration Show at the Park Hall Hotel, Wolverhampton on 26/27 September... and its FREE (1.00pm-5.00pm on the 26th and 10.00am -5.00pm on the 27th)

Dry-Fusion will be exibiting plus Prochem, Chemspec, Ashby's, Hydromaster and many others.

For all of you thinking about starting up or purchasing equipment here is a golden opportunity for you to see all the serious stuff all in one place and its only a few weeks away.

See you all there then?

Regards
Derek
Posted by woodman (woodman), 24 August 2003
lack of response shows that it is relatively unheard off .

I have heard rave reviews on it aswel I particularly like the 30 minute drying times,big selling point .

I'll be at the show.

Posted by Derek (Derek), 24 August 2003
Hi Woodman

Look forward to meeting up with you at the Show...

The Dry-fusion system has been around for several years now and is in essence a bonnet system although Shaun Bradbury, the Dry-fusion MD, won't thank me for calling it that. This system is unique in that it has an inbuilt hot air blower and comes with its own range of dedicated chemicals
The short drying times are of course attractive but it is all down to the individual operator. Even with this system a carpet can be left overwet if used incorrectly.

There are several bonnet systems on the market Texa-therm is another fairly well known one.
Servicemaster were probably the first major player in the UK to use bonnet machines although they now use a variety of equipment. Chem-Dry still use their own bonnet system in conjunction with their 'Velda' machine.

There are some carpets that cannot be cleaned by a rotary (bonnet) system in the same way that extraction cannot be used  on others. Professional cleaning companies will probably have more than one system available to tackle every eventuality..

Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.