Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

UNGER poles

Posted by matt (matt), 9 March 2004
ive just been to price up a job which will require a pole (not WFP)

it looks like we have got the job,

so whats the best to get, is it a 2 piece or a 3 piece Huh??

will mos prob got for the longest in either 2 or 3 Huh?

thanks
matt
Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 9 March 2004
hi matt. if your going to have to buy a pole anyway why dont you look at one of the residential pole kits that cost £90. you'll get the pole, brush and resin cartridge and be able to do other odd jobs with pure water when you need it Cool
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 9 March 2004
hi bee clean have you got a link to that pole set plz
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 10 March 2004
Quote:
hi matt. if your going to have to buy a pole anyway why dont you look at one of the residential pole kits that cost £90. you'll get the pole, brush and resin cartridge and be able to do other odd jobs with pure water when you need i

If you mean the Ionic residential kit, thats good but the pole is only 12ft.  Thats barely 1st floor.  An 18 ft "residential" pole (on its own) costs about £90, thats about 2nd floor.

If you're thinking of something else, then ignore me.

Philip
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 10 March 2004
WinkMatt we use the unger poles Winkthey are very good we use the 4 section,there ard 5 sections,they are some 7ft
each section,there are lots to choose from,and sizes,the good thing is you can add to them Grin 4 section is around
£50 ish Huh and so on Winkthey are well worth looking at for normal window cleaning, Wink
Posted by matt (matt), 10 March 2004
any links to the type you use terry Huh?

is there a "residential" pole longer then 18ft

looking at around 100 quid if i go the WFP route
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 10 March 2004
I've got a 3 peice Unger pole but the holding brackets have broken inside the pole so i cant keep it up  Shocked

Does any 1 know where i can get some replacement holding bracket thingys  Huh
Posted by peterf (peterf), 11 March 2004
on 03/10/04 at 23:28:43, sham33 wrote:
I've got a 3 peice Unger pole but the holding brackets have broken inside the pole so i cant keep it up  Shocked

Does any 1 know where i can get some replacement holding bracket thingys  Huh

If you send me your address, I will send you some,

Peter

Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 11 March 2004
I too am looking at a pole system/kit but i have not decided what to get as I hear good and bad things about the poles - anyone with any suggestions - I like the sound of beecleans pole kit.

Craig
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 11 March 2004
Nice one Peter, thats very decent of you.

I've sent my address in a PM.

Thanks alot  Grin
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 13 March 2004
Peter, i received the replacement brackets today.

Much appreciated  Grin

Robert
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 13 March 2004
its worth buying a few of these just in case. tagged a couple on my order from the window cleaning centre. not going to catch me out again lol
Posted by peterf (peterf), 13 March 2004
If you ever get caught out with a slipping pole and you don't have any replacements with you, all you have to do is heat up the edges of your old ones with a lighter or match, and push the sides in a little to thicken them.  They will last a couple of days or so until you get some more.

Peter
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 14 March 2004
We use an unger opti loc 3 part with two xtra 6 oot parts will go up to 8.3 m

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.