Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

URGENT INFO REQUIRED

Posted by Paulcoz33 (Paulcoz33), 14 December 2003
I have just been asked to supply a quote for a large supermarket.At the Entrance their are 1426 paines of glass all different sizes 326 are 18"x2feet the rest are half size a door and full size of a door.My inital thought would be to charge 50p per pain this counterbalances the sizes.But at 50p this works out to be approx £720 which i think is a little steep.Myself and a lad that i have working for me could do this in 1 day.What do you think is a fair price please i do need help.I possibly would'nt mind subbing this job out if someone could help me set the price right.Thanks
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 14 December 2003
dont ever think a job is too step my moto if you think youve over charged dont worry you didnt have it in the first place.Also if you need to use your ladder quote for a platform these cost from £200 beleive it or not when we do large jobs we use poles  over  80 feet ive saved my customers thousands without the hassle of hiring platforms id say a pound per window i had cleaners undercut me by half then found out they couldnt do the job cos the windows were to high and ended up using us anyway.Residential i say 75p per window commercial between £45-£70 per hour hope this helps.
Posted by Paulcoz33 (Paulcoz33), 14 December 2003
Steve, i havent got the job anyway just been asked to submit a quote.But i do think that £720 + 200 for the platform is a lot for this to be honest with 1426 windows what would you be looking at charging.
Posted by fez (fez), 14 December 2003
Thanks easyclean, I've been wondering for a while myself - how to price for commercial properties with lots of windows. That info is a great help.

I agree with you that if you considered the hiring of platforms then £700+ doesn't sound half bad.
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 14 December 2003
i cant tell you the names of my clients but ive just finished a builders clean for uk main clothes chain cladding,windows inside and out £1,500 for days work for two people they need more cleaning so there willing to pay further £3000 over a week.1400 window office block we do £1,500 per month,we do f1 head office a days work inside out 200 feet of glass £600 they were paying 1,600 having to hire platform and an operative they way i see it if they want you to clen it they will only problem they take ages to pay a leasy a month but if you got good credit control and cash flow this is ok

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 14 December 2003
Hi Paul
I would go on a day rate x2.
I would do if me £15per hr (which is rate around here) X2 people working 12 hr X£15  =£180 X2=  £360 (for £15phrX2)
Also this would allow profit from guy helping me pay him say £78.00 I would of made £102 from his days work
+ equipment if needed.
Hope this helps
Alan

P.S. As you say £720. Is a lot of money and personally can’t see them paying that regularly.
If a regular job it could be a good one, all weathers etc
also could get more work from it as out and about
Posted by geoffreyspecht (geoffreyspecht), 16 December 2003
how often are the windows going to be cleaned.
Posted by Paulcoz33 (Paulcoz33), 17 December 2003
4 to 6 weeks

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.