Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

What makes a cowboy

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 5 December 2003
Hi all

What makes a cowboy?
Just because someone dont pay there taxes does this make him or her a cowboy window cleaner?
I know quite a few shinners in my area and not all of them pay there taxes and they have people queing up for him to do there windows
If a shinner has full insurance and does a good job does this make him/her a cowboy.
Alan
Posted by matt (matt), 5 December 2003
well if you see some1 with a wide brim hat on, leather Chaps, spurs and he is sat on a horse

I would take a guess he is a cowboy  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 5 December 2003
Nice one matt
Alan
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 5 December 2003
Where I live we have a car load  of chaps turn up 2 days a week, they travel over 40 miles to clean windows , do they not have windows where they live . I think they must claim back  traveling expensess , and like the sea air Grin Cool
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 6 December 2003
40 miles is nothing. I work North West London and we had a crew used to come from South Wales.

My definition of a cowboy is some one who is ducking and diving, claiming benefit and only does the windows when he needs the readies.
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 6 December 2003
Yep if your not signing on i cant see how your a cowboy. Your earning a living. Tweaking the tax form isn't just for window cleaners  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.