Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Anyone got any tips on using GG3

Posted by Central (Central), 30 September 2003
I bought GG3 a couple of months ago and haven't been too impressed as Ive mentioned in an earlier post.  We're in a soft water area and it should be great from what they say but it's no better than fairy.  Ive tried varying amounts and Ive stuck at it for a while so I can get used to it.

Anyone no of any helpful advice for using GG3, how much do you use, how do you apply and squeegee it, do you get smears if you leave it at the edges without wiping off fully (cause it says you won't but Ive tested it and it does).  Anything will help

Cheers
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 1 October 2003
If its like GG4 dont exceed the dosage. Make sure u change the rubber in the sqeegy every few days and try to leave a 1/4 inch gap at the top of the window and use the sqeegy to push the water over the gap at the top.

I didn't like the stuff at first but i wouldn't be without it now. I had to slow down my sqeegy action at first to get use to it, it was like starting over again but im faster than ever now.
Posted by jake (jake), 5 October 2003
Just received free sample of GG3 from The WindowClean Centre (thanks Anne !) and used it yesterday on an office block whose windows are always covered in crap, insects, cobwebs etc,  it was the mutts nuts! brilliant. I have always spent ages detailing, I thought that was the way it was (self taught), not any more! ok, maybe just a quick wipe round with the scrim, and wipe the cill but cut my time in half!  The fairy liquid's in the bin!!!

Thanks for the info guys!    
Posted by simonb (simonb), 5 October 2003
jake wot's the www for the window clean centre?
simon
Posted by Central (Central), 5 October 2003
www.window-cleaning-centre.com
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 6 October 2003
Wintecs have got a offer on GG4 £33.36  inc p&p and vat  Cool
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 6 October 2003
hi majestic     gg4 is still cheaper at scrim city especially when you make a big order- over 100 pounds(i know its a lot) as no delivery charge. i believe the federation is even cheaper. 24.53 incl. vat at S.C.  delivery charge 5.95 plus vat
Posted by jake (jake), 6 October 2003
simonb

try ringing windowclean centre direct on 0800 413512 and ask for a catalogue and a free sample, remember GG4 for hard water areas only, GG 3 for soft, good luck!

jake
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 6 October 2003
Use the FAQ
http://www.titanlabs.net/gg3.htm
Posted by Central (Central), 7 October 2003
Cheers Ill check that website out
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 7 October 2003
Hi Central,
               Both GG3 and GG4 take quite a bit of getting used to but its worth persevering as its the best liquid out their in my opinion. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by fez (fez), 22 October 2003
I've been using GG3 this week to try to get used to it. I get a good finish but I seem to use more scrims not less when detailing.

Should you remove the fine beading at the edge? When I do, it seems to spread and takes me ages to remove. Any ideas?  My windows are taking much longer than with Fairy. I change blades every other day and I live in a soft water area.
Posted by simonb (simonb), 22 October 2003
Don't go right to the edge with your applicator. The blade will clean right to the edge. I have just started with gg4 this week and I have stopped detailing altogether.
Simon
Posted by fez (fez), 22 October 2003
I've been trying to leave a gap, obviously not enough. How much should I leave at the edge? Undecided

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.