Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

fed weekend

Posted by paul (paul), 2 February 2004
who has booked for the fed weekend this april . i have for the whole weekend anyone else Grin
friday night is usally boring we could all meet up for a pint Tongue
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 2 February 2004
I haven't booked for the weekend, but i'll be there on the Saturday. We should arrange a meet and a pint.
It would be nice to put faces to names.
Denzle
Posted by fez (fez), 2 February 2004
Have you gone for the Fed recommended accomodation?
Or have you booked in elsewhere?  Huh

It just looks to be quite an expensive weekend (when you take into account the beer and food). Undecided
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 2 February 2004
Why not try to book a Travel Inn  try this link
http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http%3a%2f%2fweb.ask.com%2fweb%3fq%3dtravel%2binn%26o%3d0%26page%3d1&q=travel+inn&u=http%3a%2f%2ftm.wc.ask.com%2fr%3ft%3dan%26s%3da%26uid%3d2d92ae134d92ae134%26sid%3d3d92ae134d92ae134%26qid%3d11EFCCC53BC68D419E181D59FA31D781%26io%3d0%26sv%3dza5cb0dba%26o%3d0%26ask%3dtravel%2binn%26uip%3dd92ae134%26en%3dte%26eo%3d-100%26pt%3dTravel%2bInn%26ac%3d4%26qs%3d0%26pg%3d1%26ep%3d1%26te_par%3d101%26te_id%3d%26u%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.travelinn.co.uk%2f&s=a&bu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.travelinn.co.uk%2f&qte=0&o=0
A room is about £40 per night just type in Leicester and off you go
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 2 February 2004
B I G G E S T   Smiley L I N K    WinkI N    Cheesy T H E  Grin W O R L D Shocked  A L E R T  Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue
Do I win a prize
NOPE! Wink
you might get a medle Grin
or maybe a biscuit, yes thats it you can have a biscuit to go with you tea at work one day....send me your details and i will send you either a kitkat or a penguin bar...the choice is yours...but remember ONLY one...ok... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Wink Wink Smiley

i would paypal or norchex but i dont think they do that yet...YET...maybe one day bwhhhaaa bwhaaaaaa
Is the kit kat  2 fingers or 4 Grin
2...oh go on then...have 4 Sad

nah to hell with ya...have a small dinky 2 finger...the link wasnt that big anyways Grin
Posted by paul (paul), 3 February 2004
will be booking at the hotel with fed its not that badly priced and it is deductable from your tax bill Grin Grin Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 February 2004
Is the Saturday evening a good evening Huh

Steve
Posted by Bryan_Dolby (Bryan_Dolby), 3 February 2004
Steve
Of course the saturday night  dinner dance is the best bit
few drinks bit of food and more drinks
If your on your own find a partner to dance
Cannot be bad

bryan
Posted by Bones (Mikey aka Bones), 3 February 2004
on 02/03/04 at 21:45:03, Bryan_Dolby wrote:
If your on your own find a partner to dance

bryan

Watch out steve, I think Bryans making a move on you Roll Eyes Ha Ha Grin

Sorry Bryan could not resist it, no offence ment.

Mikey

Posted by Bryan_Dolby (Bryan_Dolby), 4 February 2004
Mikey
Do you think he will accept
Bryan
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 4 February 2004
Wink normally this type of fing Huh Roll Eyes Wink happens when you have had a drink Grin and if you come to the show Roll Eyes
you may well see some funny fings CheesyI am only speaking
from my past shows Roll Eyes Tongue Cheesy cant say no more than that,

but I know you would have a good time if you come Wink Grin Roll Eyes so dont miss out! Wink
Posted by paul (paul), 4 February 2004
i had a cracking time at blackpool last year even though i dident get to bed till five the next morning Tongue Grin Wink
Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 4 February 2004
Does anyone have an itinery for the show?  Are there seminars, etc?  What time and on what days do the events happen?

Silly
Posted by paul (paul), 4 February 2004
check out www.nfmwgc.com all the info you need on the fed web site Grin
Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 4 February 2004
Oh yes.  

Aww, I was hoping they would put Brodex Opposite to Ionic.

How about a charity boxing match instead then.

Silly
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 4 February 2004
Winker  Huh silly dont laugh Shocked they are very very close Tongue Shocked ??
together Cheesy Grin Tongue Wink
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 11 February 2004
WinkDont forget the fed weekend Cheesy its a great chance to
see equipment and get it there Grin you get stuff at the show where your normal supplier does not have it! Wink

and you get to see new stuff Wink
Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 11 February 2004
I notice there is a distinct lack of WOMEN in those photos of last year's show.

Is this a bloke weekend?  

Can some of you bring your womenfolk this year so that Mrs Silly doesn't feel out of place?

Silly
Winkwomen are welcome and familys to Winkits familys that come for the weekend Grin every body is welcome Grin
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 11 February 2004
Last time I was there - Scarborough, ages ago - they had ladies entered for the competition. One did a perfect job, no streaks, no runs, but a slower time than the blokes who battered through and were willing to drop the penalty points.

She still got the biggest cheer for the first perfect run of the day though!
Winkwavey are you coming to fed show in april Huh
I don't know yet, I'll certainly try - but my passport lapsed and I'll have to get it renewed.

Are you guys on €uros yet, what's the exchange rate like?  Wink
Wink about time you got your butts down there Grin
we went to edinburgh 4years ago Wink we took a blinking
plane Grin make the effort,you know it makes sence Grin
Does anyone have rough times for Friday AGM, and the two seminars and competition on Saturday, from previous years?

Times aren't available until sometime in April on the Fed site, and if I can get a budget flight down to Birmingham I'd need to know these times, but waiting on the site means I'd probably miss booking the flight as it would be full by then.

I've emailed the Fed, but don't hold out too much hope going by what they've already said.

Help, anyone?
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 12 February 2004
WinkI think the time is 6 friday night Undecidedquite sure
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 12 February 2004
I've emailed the Fed, but don't hold out too much hope going by what they've already said.

Scrub that!  This is from Beryl's email reply . . .  

Willis Limited - Insurance Broker - Sub contractors -10.30 -11.15a.m. Topic to be confirmed.

Tax Watchdog - Accountancy Tax & Accountancy -Topic to be confirmed 11.30 -12.15p.m

Window Cleaning Competition commences at approximately 1.00p.m. with the Children's event and usually runs through all events by around 3.00p.m.  I hope this helps

Is the Friday night AGM worth going to? I ask, because given a choice of nights, I'd rather stay over on the Friday and have a quiet drink (to start with, by the sounds of you lot!) as opposed to a dinner dance where you can hardly hear what the person across the table is saying to you.

PLUS
If anyone from Central/East Scotland is going, please let me know as I've found some excellently priced flights from Edinburgh to Birmingham - and back too, you'll be glad to know. The hotel reckons they're only 20 minutes from the airport, which doesn't sound too bad.
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 12 February 2004
about time you got your butts down there  
we went to edinburgh 4years ago

Terry, where exactly did your butts end up? I did a bit of digging through my old Fed mags and the only time the show has been up here in Scotland was Glasgow in '98.

You didn't come to Edinburgh four years ago on a stag night and end up in Glasgow - 50 miles away - did you? Wink
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 16 February 2004
If you're thinking of going to the Fed Weekend, and don't want to get ripped off on prices, get yourself off to www.superbreak.com and key in hotel code 4603 for £32 per person for B+B per night.

£70 for B+B plus dinner dance is maybe OK when the Fed is charging £27 for the dinner dance, but £70 for B+B on the Friday night is a bit steep!

From the site . . .

HANOVER HINCKLEY Hinckley  Hotel Details

The Following Room Types Are Available
Number Available Min/Max In Room
Adult Price Per Person Board Select Rooms
SINGLE EN SUITE  4  1/ 1  £32.00  BB      
TWIN EN SUITE  9 2/ 2  £32.00  BB  
DOUBLE EN SUITE 9  2/ 2  £32.00  BB      
TRIPLE EN SUITE  4  3/ 3  £32.00  BB  
FAMILY 4 EN SUITE  4  4/ 4  £32.00  BB  

The number available figure is from before I booked, and could be less already - get in quick!

Maybe I should change my username to TightScot ?

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 19 February 2004
Grinyou are correct wavey! Shockedit was Glasgow,I went to Edinborough with the vileda gang when I was doing road shows with them! Tongue well spotted matey Grin Wink Shocked I really fink the show this year will be well attended Cheesy

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.