Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Does the Moderator Delete Posts

Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 20 January 2004
Not complaining just curious.

On what grounds does the moderator delete posts.

I know I have had several that have disapeared into Cyber Space.

Regards

Ian
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 20 January 2004
Hi Ian

The short answer is Yes...

I have to say that I, personally, haven't deleted any posts at all.....in fact the only alteration I have made is to remove an offensive word.

Although I don't use bad language I do realise, however, that some words are used and accepted as everyday speech .. There are boundaries though that have to be drawn which I am sure you will appreciate.

I am not the only moderator on this section and maybe others have seen something that I haven't read and dealt with it.

We all must remember that these Forums are accessable to everyone and that means that YOUR customers may also be reading the comments posted here.... that has to be a sobering thought.

Kind regards
Derek
Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 20 January 2004
Yes and the wording also gets altered from time to time.But hey what a great forum

Paul
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 21 January 2004
Hi Ian

Derek has summed it up well.

There are a couple of people who also log in with moderator status including myself but I don't recall anyone mentioning that any of your posts had been deleted. Although we try to advise people when posts have been deleted and / or altered it's not always possible to because of time restraints, particularly as the site is getting busier all the time (I notice we have 19 topics on the go today just in this section!)

It should be obvious why a post has been modified or removed but if you've had 'several' have gone missing then there may be another problem we're not aware of Undecided

Regards

Mike

ps We've noticed the 'swear filter' doesn't like londoners (cockneys) Grin

Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 21 January 2004
Mike,

Im not worried, as my are usually clean . Although sometimes a load of rubbish.

I noticed in a thread that my post had disapeared.

There was nothing earth shattering.

Or it could be I was tired and missed it.

I am just curious what moderator does.

I think there should be a facility to delete your own posts when you have realised you have just got somthing wrong.

Apart from that an entertaining site.
I like the cross section of cleaning on this site as it opens your mind to other posibilities.

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 22 January 2004
on 01/21/04 at 22:35:50, Ian_Gourlay wrote:
I think there should be a facility to delete your own posts when you have realised you have just got somthing wrong.

Hi Ian

Yes, you can - if you go to one of your own posts you'll see that there is a 'remove' option in the top right corner.
Regards
Mike

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.