Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

old dog new city

Posted by jerry (jerry), 1 April 2004
hi guys first time posting on the fourm
so if you could give me a few pointers ...would be great
im moving to merseyside in 3 mounts from the u.s.
and want to set up biz there carpet cleaning ..fire/flood damage mold...mould.. abaitment... etc any body got time to talk or could give me pricing guidelines how do insurance co,s work out cost..here we use a price system called xmate ...any help would be great
and yes im bring me equipment with me tm/ blowers etc
Posted by adl (dave555), 1 April 2004
have you got an email address?
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 1 April 2004
Hi Jerry

Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of previous topics that will help with pricing and lots of genuine helpful members here.

Bear in mind that we use 240v 50hz over here and the cost of changing your blowers may be more than buying new ones.

Regards

Mike
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 1 April 2004
John,
You Yorkshire Yankee.
Dave.
Posted by jerry (jerry), 1 April 2004
hey dave 555 whats your e mail address

and yep i know about the 240 thing but i,ll gat a 110 v down size like on a building site got to much stuff to replace both power tools and carpet cleaning equ

does anybody on the board dye carpet is there much of a market for it

thanks for the help
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 2 April 2004
Mike,

You are showing your age sir!

We used to have 240 volt but that lot acroos the channel got jealous because they only had 220, so Brusels knicked 10 of ours and gave them to the French, Germans etc., leaving us with just 230volts  Cry

Personally I think we should have sold them to the Yanks, 'cos the poor old ex-colonials over there only have 110 and their need is greater.

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.