Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

hello everyone

Posted by cleaner_carpets (cleaner_carpets), 31 March 2004
hi everyone
 just signed on to clean it up for the first time and i am in the middle of starting uo a new business i intend to call myself CLEANER CARPETS. ( hope i'm not offending anyone) i am based in Barmouth north wales. does anyone have any tips for me ? all advice will be greatfully received .  Many thanks

dave
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 31 March 2004
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum and the industry.

I am sure that many here will be willing to offer help and advice if you request is more specific.

For such a general query I would offer just two tips;

1) Read through the past posts, as many others starting in business have asked questions and received advice which will apply equally to yourself.

2) MOVE - it gets realy cold where you live  Grin

John.

Posted by cleaner_carpets (cleaner_carpets), 31 March 2004
thanks for your quick reply john yes it does get cold but it is great to live by the sea in the summer.  I am starting to read through the past forums and finding them very interesting. Are there any fotrh coming events or shows in the near future . i am buying a truck mount do you think it is the best way to go?

thanks

dave
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 31 March 2004
In a word if you can afford a Truck mount, yes.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 31 March 2004
But and a BIG BUT, get your marketing right before you invest your hard earned or borrowed cash.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 31 March 2004
Follow John’s advise

Len

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 April 2004
Dave

My advice, for what its worth, is to book yourself on to the next NCCA (National Carpet Cleaners Association) two day training course.

Contact the NCCA on Tel: 0116 2719550

Best wishes
Derek
Posted by cleaner_carpets (cleaner_carpets), 2 April 2004
thanks dereck
i have applied to go on the ncca course in may also i am going on prochem's 2 day carpet  cleaning and their 1 day upholstery cleaning and 1 day sales course.  Hopefully these will be enough to get me going i would appreciate your thoughts or advice if you know of any other course which you might think would benifit me.  As said before i am setting up with a hydramaster boxxer t/m what do you think?
 cheres
dave  cleaner carpets

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.