Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

BLUE PETER THIS FRIDAY LIVE AT 5

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 25 February 2004
Wink WinkHi guys girls Shocked Roll Eyes I always get asked quite a lot about the world record Huh and what is it Undecidedhow do you do it Undecided Huh etc!well you can see it with your own eyes on Blue peter this friday at 5,I was on there some 5 years ago,I did break my record on TV with them,well they called me again and I will be going for it on friday Shocked Roll Eyes,so you can see how hard this is,I was in manchester last saturday,and in practice I beat my record, Grin when the time come to do this,I failed Sad Tongue Embarassed Cry,I will have just about one second to play with
the record is to clean 3 windows that measure

45 inches by 45 you use a 12 inch squee gee and you have to wipe a window sill clean,well we will see what happens on friday,break a leg as they say!lady luck I hope is with me Undecided Wink
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 25 February 2004
I'll be watching Terry, who knows you could break it then, and again at the Fed Show!

Phil
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 26 February 2004
Good luck Terry, I'll be watching too.

Tom
Posted by fez (fez), 26 February 2004
Good luck Terry - my kids can't wait!! Grin
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 26 February 2004
Wow! Does that mean you'll have TWO Blue Peter Badges  Wink
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 26 February 2004
Winkmy good friend wavey! Winkyou could be right Grin thank you for all your good wishes Smiley england will be supreme Smiley the legend goes on,the Brits rule!
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 26 February 2004
GOODLUCK TERRY

any chance of a mention

VGC window cleaning...plymouth
01752 670585

if you want just put a big sign somwere behind you....thanks for that...i'll chuck you a fiver....or i could give you a free window clean Grin
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 26 February 2004
my good friend wavey! you could be right

COULD be right? Don't tell me you've lost the first one! Terry, how could you? Wink

Don't worry mate - have some good wishes from North of the border too.

Go for it - you can do it!
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 27 February 2004
Winkits somewhere in me house! Huh you get silver ones now I am told Huh Tongue Undecided I will be getting picked up at 12 noon Wink I have got to rough it in some old merc Winkit will take about 1 half hours to get there, HuhAndrew Lee from the federation will be on the show with me, Roll Eyesas you know he is on the commitee as well,there will be a Guinness rep to Grin Wink

for those who dont know the time to beat, Tongue

I will have to clean 3 windows that measure

45 inches by 45 and wipe a window sill in just

9.91 seconds Shocked the sad part,I did beat my record in practice last saturday,I was some 35 seconds faster than 3 years ago Wink I going to buy a rabbits foot Grin

well my fate will be seen after 5 tonight,I goona get me some red bull! perk me up some,not a great time for me to go for it,as your body clock starts to wind down, Wink
still got the day off,relax and some practice think about tonight Winksee you all later,fellow shinners Wink

Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 27 February 2004
I'm fascinated to see this mop and squeegee simultaneously technique Terry,  I used to know another window cleaner who apparently used it, and he was very fast!  (But he was also Hyper, all the time, with no pauses for breath)

We're all rooting for you mate!

Philip
Posted by simonb (simonb), 27 February 2004
Do u have to wipe just 1 sill or all 3?
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 27 February 2004
Good luck Terry

break a leg sound fine just dont break a window!!!!

best regarsds Nick
Winkhow it works is,there is one long sill so you put your
squee gee on it,and run like grazy! Grin this always takes me one second,its the windows I must finish around
8.30 seconds will be good  Wink or faster,this is very hard to beat,but I know I can do it, Wink
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 27 February 2004
I think your record is under threat Terry.  Sad

Some of the cleaners on this site could break it, if they had to do 3 bathroom windows.  Grin

Just stand there, look at them and say I don`t do them or I`ll do them next time. Stop the clock and Robert`s your Dads brother, you`re the world record holder.  Grin

Good luck anyway,

Gerry.
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 27 February 2004
Good Luck Terry

Craig Wink
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 27 February 2004
Unlucky mate

but i nearly blinked and missed it ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 27 February 2004
It was very close!

The girl from Blue Peter timed it at 9.9 seconds and the Guinness adjudicator had 9.89 but that naughty Andrew Lee from the Fed gave two penalties, which added on one second.

Don't worry Terry - put out the word and we'll get someone to nobble him at the Fed Show   Wink
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 27 February 2004
Never mind Terry!

(Still cant believe how fast it was!)

Was that girl sharing your red bull too, she was absolutely hyper!

I think it must've been all the screaming kids that put you off.  (They put me off, and I was just drinkin my tea!)

Philip

Posted by jake (jake), 27 February 2004
9.9 seconds!!! and I thought I was slow! lol.

well done mate, we'll all be trying 2 handed Monday! and making a pigs ear of it!!!

jake
Winkjust got back!very hot in studio,as you can see its very hard time to beat,we can all do good job slow Huh
on with the next show,thank you for all your support guys girls HuhI will break it Roll Eyes you will see

nice cool beer now

cheers everyone! Grin to all shinners and all on this stite Wink
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 28 February 2004
unlucky mate, was very interseting to watch though. was john noakes on holiday, they were letting the kids present it
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 28 February 2004
Hi Terry,

Do u use that 2 handed technique on every size pane of glass or does it only works on larger windows  Huh
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 28 February 2004
WinkI always use 2 hands,much quicker what ever you are doing Winkbig windows a plus! Grin sometimes I have to show customer why I was so fast Huh Shocked they say you could not have done that Huh

I say o yes I can Grin Wink Roll Eyes

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.