Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

All participants, please reply or read...

Posted by Caesar (Caesar), 2 April 2004
In America on the ccc bb we have heard from Tony wheelwright that Brian Tilton has passed away...Is this the truth or does some one know otherwise.If it is I am going to make sure he gets aproper memoriam in the ccc bb.As the others have.Also if you know of any carpet cleaners in the uk who have passed.An would like to see them in the memorial section.Please inform John Guergink...But email me if any info on Brian is availible from you...Best Regards from Springfield Mass...Caesar.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 2 April 2004
I havent heard anything.

Although he hasnt been on any forums recently.

I will be a great shame as he made an entertaining sparring partner on all the cc boards.

Mark

Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 2 April 2004
I hope that this news is incorrect, but agreeing with Mark he made the best sparring partener.

Shaun
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 2 April 2004
I hate it when people hears someones died and start saying what a good bloke he was, I think brian was a twanker when he was alive and i still think he's a twanker now he's worm food.

I'm sure if he's looking down from heaven he'll appreciate my honesty, although he's more likely be looking up Wink

mike

Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 2 April 2004
Mike,
How could you! Sometimes thoughts no matter how honest they may be, are best kept to one self, imo.
Dave.
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (HolmansUKLTD), 2 April 2004
you crack me up Mike Grin Wink
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 2 April 2004
I have mixed emotions over this subject matter. I'm presuming that the news that Brian has died is true. For me, Brian was an obnoxious irritating man who rarely valued the opinion and experiences of  others, unless of course, they coincided with his own. I could never picture him as a leader of men. He came over as being too intolerant of others for that.  However, his experiences and knowledge of our and associated industries was immense.

Brian's  postings did show the occasional glimpse of his true value to our industry and we must all wonder about what could have been.  His contributions to our world via the internet always sparked a reaction. Some positive and many negative. But he got people talking and thinking. On the chemistry side he was always right. It was just his style that irritated. Where most of us disagreed with him was over the physics. As far as he was concerned, an extractor needed a zillion psi and a googol of cfm. Nothing less would do.

During times of illness and loss, it's always the close family who suffer and hurt the most. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

RIP Brian Cry

Ken
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 2 April 2004

Wow Mike, I nearly fell off my chair when I read your post.

I must admit I do like your honesty and your straight forward no nonsense attitude, its very rare these days, but I think your being a bit harsh regarding B.T.

I agree he was a very obnoctious (spell) bloke and only seemed to listen to himself, but you should'nt really judge anyone from behind a keyboard.

Having said that he was of no use to me, in fact I found myself reading his posts 3/4 times and still couldnt make any sense of them.

Phil
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 April 2004
Hi

If the reports of Brian's death are to be believed it is sad.

I may be one of the odd ones out here ...but I had a grudging regard for Brian...
Yes he had his own  quirky way of putting things but he did stir up reactions which I believe he revelled in...

Behind the facade there was, as Ken says, a wealth of knowledge and when he was being totally serious it glimmered through.

Mike, you may be being honest but in some ways you post in exactly the same manner  ... think about it

Derek
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 2 April 2004
Not knowing this gentleman I’m sorry to here of any ones demise but it happens!  That’s why my share portfolio in now with the funeral industry a growth product.

Very good idea Caesar memorial section with the customer database of course.

Len

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 2 April 2004

what i said was honest, some people might not like it but I'd rather be known as a honest man than a hypecrite (sp)

I do sometimes post answers to get a reaction, but this time I was just being honest
Mike

Ps for anyone who read this before I edited  out the irelevent bits,   sorry
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 2 April 2004
I never came across the man called Brian........ but he sounds like he could WIND anyone up in life and ,it appears, in death....RIP
Shame i missed out on the posts he was involved in Sad
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 2 April 2004
Yes, I see mention of it on the Cleanfax bb, but again no one seems quite sure. Hopefully it may only be a rumor but I have wondered  why we never heard from Brian recently. Brian ran a Butler truckmount and had many years of experience in the cleaning business
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 2 April 2004
Chris,

Do a search on the Cleantalk board, he used to be a regular on there.

You wont understand a word he used to go on about, but in a strange sort of way you always got the feeling his knowledge was huge.

He used to give Mark Betts a hard time, but then who dosn't.

Phil

PS, WHY HAS BANANA MAN STOPED DANCING??

Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 3 April 2004
Didn't like Brian at first, but grew on me, I liked his reaction to things and it really did wind the board up!

Shaun
Posted by allencarpetclean (Bob Allen), 3 April 2004
FOR SALE
Butler truck mount............contact .......

Oh, Wheres your sense of hunours.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 3 April 2004
Now if Mick Halliday or myself had said that Bob, the Preverbial would have hit the Fan.
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 3 April 2004
Well Im not afraid to say it, and Im not being a hypocrite, I liked Brian - couldnt understand half of what he was on about, most of the time. He made me laugh, he had a lot of knowledge, and he was obviously quite eccentric - but then arent we all to some degree.
Brian, if you ARE still around then youve done a good one, yet again!
Dave.
Posted by allencarpetclean (Bob Allen), 6 April 2004
Seems that from a post on the other board that Brian Has sadly passed away.
Many condolences(sp) to his family.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.