Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

best dry clean equipment???

Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 19 November 2003
Good evening fellas,now the footy is finished i`ll ask you dry cleaning boys a question.
As i only have HWE machines i feel the need to branch out and invest in dry cleaning equipment,what i need to know is what do you chaps recomend i buy?presumably a slow speed floor polisher,suitable brush,decent vacuum(i use nilfisks they seem very good)and obviously the cleaning agent.i would appreciate it if anyone in the know would tell me what types and the best place to buy the equipment i need.

Many Thanks

Paul
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 19 November 2003
Paul,

The low-speed rotary is a very versitile piece of equipment and *can* be used  for granular cleans. However it is far from ideal for this purpose.

The machines specifically designed for for the job brush in the vertical plane, which draws the granules into the section of carpet being cleaned.

Working in the horisontal plane, the brush of the rotary tends to push many of the granules away from the area being worked upon, thereby reduceing the efficiency.

John.
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 19 November 2003
If you want a good Dry clean system look at Dry Fusion or Texatherm. Dry granules or compound is really not much good on heavy soiling, but you will get great results with DF or Tex

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.