Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Do I need a seal for a wood floor

Posted by md_cleaning_york (md_cleaning_york), 13 January 2004
I have a pub contract and have been asked to polish the floor.The floor is wood but unpolished .Do I need to put a seal down first then polish.I have polished wood floors before but they have always had polish down alredy.Can anyone advise please
Apologies for using the word polish rather a lot
Posted by Fox (Fox), 14 January 2004
Hi

Was the floor sealed when it was it was laid?  Lots of types of polish can be used as a type of seal also but unfortunately this only usually applies to linoleum, thermoplastc, terrazzo etc.  

When it comes to wood and cork I would say seal it first as this will reinforce the surface.

However you can wax an unsealed wood floor, which will protect and polish.  I recommend you seek the advice of express cleaning for suitable products.

Hope this helps
Fox
Posted by md_cleaning_york (md_cleaning_york), 14 January 2004
thanks for that will do i know the floor hasnt been sealed since the present landlord has been in will take your advice

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.