Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Insurance

Posted by lindsey (lindsey), 8 November 2003
I am currently setting up a new "One off and spring cleaning" company in Essex but I am not sure what level of insurance is required or how much it might cost. I am intending to do mostly domestic homes but maybe also care homes and commercial. Can anyone provide any info or recommend suitable insurers?  

I would be grateful of any little snippet...

Many thanks

Lindsey Smiley
Limebrook House
Posted by jake (jake), 8 November 2003
Lindsey

I would think public liability insurance for office and domestic cleaning would suffice. You would be insured for a £1000000. We are insured with M M A and it costs us £130 a year, although I'm sure you could get it cheaper.

Jake  (westclean)
Posted by admin (Forum Admin), 8 November 2003
on 11/08/03 at 20:10:29, Peterdirector wrote:
Hi Lindsey It all depend on how many staff you employ its about 2 million Pounds but you best talk to these people at http://www.marsh.co.uk  

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 9 November 2003
Have you tried getting a online quote , just type in insurance and you should get quite a few companys then pick one that does online quotes ,  you have to fill in all your details ,I did this with my public liability cover and saved  £45 but you have to shop around  Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 November 2003
Darwin Clayton are worth a go as they have always given good quotes for cleaning contractors.

www.darwinclayton.co.uk

Hope this helps Wink

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.